About Toronto Hydro
Toronto Hydro began as Toronto Hydro-Electric System in 1911 and has grown substantially since. The company distributes electricity to approximately 785,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers and has 1,270 employees. Committed to delivering excellent customer service, Toronto Hydro provides a safe and reliable supply of electricity and long-term value to the City of Toronto.
Toronto Hydro is dedicated to investing in its people and in the future by giving back to the community. Toronto Hydro and Georgian work in partnership to support students with meaningful co-op learning experiences and offering opportunities to explore a wide range of career possibilities such as certified and skilled trades, engineering, information technology, finance, regulatory and legal services, human resources and communications.
About the partnership
An investment in students
Since 2012, Toronto Hydro and Georgian have collaborated to create and maximize student opportunities in the electrical utilities sector and expand opportunities around corporate training, research, and employee engagement.
Toronto Hydro proudly supports enhancements to the student learning environment through funding for new state-of-the-art equipment and working to grow and evolve Georgian’s electrical engineering programs.
A collaboration with results
Toronto Hydro is keen on diversifying and increasing their workforce and Georgian representation is key to the long-term success of the organization.
- Since 2017, Toronto Hydro has offered co-op placements to more than 171 Georgian students, primarily from Electrical Engineering programs
- Annually, Toronto Hydro programs special events with Georgian students including:
- Toronto Hydro Highlight Series
- Women in STEM and working at Toronto Hydro – opportunities and initiatives taking place for women in the field
- opportunities for students to speak with Toronto Hydro representatives about co-op placements and recruitment
Awards and scholarships
Comprehensive support for Georgian students
Toronto Hydro is proud to support Georgian College students through the award, scholarship and bursary program. Toronto Hydro believes in investing in the future and empowering students with the opportunity to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
Available awards and scholarships
The Toronto Hydro Suite of Awards supports 10 different students annually and includes the following awards:
- Toronto Hydro Co-op Award
- Toronto Hydro Leadership Award
- Toronto Hydro Women in Engineering Technology Award
- Toronto Hydro Electrical Engineering Entrance Award
- Toronto Hydro Electrical Engineering Award
- Toronto Hydro Electrical Engineering Degree Award
Engineering and Environmental Technologies
Business and Management
Find out more
For co-op opportunities, please connect with Co-operative Education and Career Success.
Employer Engagement Consultant
Co-operative Education and Career Success
- Email Brett
- Call 705.728.1968, ext. 1030
Awards, scholarships and bursaries
For questions about award, scholarship, and bursary opportunities, please connect with Financial Aid.
Office of the Registrar
- Email Financial Aid
- Call 705.722.1530
To learn more about this partnership, please connect with Advancement and Alumni Relations.
Associate Vice President
Advancement and Alumni Relations
- Email David
- Call 705.728.1968 ext. 1212