Why study Engineering and Environmental Technologies at Georgian?
- Gain hands-on, paid industry experience during co-op work terms
- Graduate job-ready with the skills and experience today’s employers are looking for
- Get your college diploma and university degree at the same time with Lakehead-Georgian programs
- Break into a high-demand, rapidly evolving and growing industry
- Benefit from Georgian’s industry support and partnerships with the ministry, municipal government, power companies, manufacturers and more
- Access leading-edge technologies in our on-campus state-of-the-art Advanced Technology Centre
- Experience award-winning programs that are accredited by provincial and national associations
Diplomas (2 years)
- Architectural Technician (Co-op)
- Civil Engineering Technician (Co-op)
- Electrical Engineering Technician (Co-op)
- Environmental Technician (Co-op)
Advanced Diplomas (3 years)
- Architectural Technology (Co-op)
- Civil Engineering Technology (Co-op)
- Electrical Engineering Technology (Co-op)
- Environmental Technology (Co-op)
- Electromechanical Engineering Technology – Mechatronics (Co-op)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (Co-op)
- Power Engineering Technology (Co-op)
Degrees (4 years)
Not sure about your next career move?
Find the career that’s right for you, and the Georgian program that will take you there.
Completing the Power Engineering Technology program at Georgian College has opened numerous doors for me. Georgian College faculty have given me the confidence to go anywhere in my field of study, knowing I now have the knowledge and abilities the industries are looking for. —Marco D’Intino
Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre
Located at the Barrie Campus, the Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology is a three-storey, 56,000-square-foot learning space.
The centre features computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and geographic information system (GIS) labs as well as a dedicated telepresence room, anechoic chamber, electrical lab and technical project space.
Inside the facility, the Alectra Centre for Research, Innovation and Commercialization provides students and industry partners with access to research, incubator, changemaker and fabrication space.
Working collaboratively with industry
These are some of the ways we work collaboratively with industry:
- Co-op – Many of our Engineering and Environmental Technology students find full-time employment with their co-op employers.
- Curriculum – Key industry representatives participate on our program advisory councils to help develop curriculum that matches student learning experiences with employer needs.
- Corporate training – We help companies ensure their employees remain current.
- Applied research – A growing number of companies look to us for applied research solutions, giving our students exposure to potential employers and allowing them to put their knowledge and skills to the test on real-life work projects.
- Investment – Many industry partners contribute to Georgian to ensure our programs, facilities, technologies and tools are up-to-date, and represent what students will find in the workplace.
Some of our Engineering and Environmental Technology partners include:
- Alectra Utilities, Hydro One, Powerstream, Toronto Hydro, Innisfil Hydro, Orillia Hydro, BC Hydro, Ontario Power Generation, etc.
- City of Barrie, Town of Innisfil, York Region, Simcoe County, Bruce-Grey Township, Town of Midland, City of Toronto
- Ministry of Natural Resources, Ontario Auditor General, Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority, Ministry of the Environment
- Independent Electricity Systems Operator (IESO), Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA)
- Gunnell Engineering, Magna, Honda, Peto McCallum, Siemens Canada, Eaton, Hatch, Morrisson Hershfield, AlarmForce, Elcan, Tycos Tool & Die
Connect with us
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.