Engineering and Environmental Technologies
Get hands-on experience and technical knowledge. Our programs include co-op semesters – paid internships and more – to give you an edge in the job market.
Many of our Engineering and Environmental Technologies programs are accredited by the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education (CAFCE). We are proud to be the first college in Ontario to achieve this accreditation as it recognizes our commitment to co-operative education. Read more about our CAFCE accreditation.
Diplomas (2 years)
Advanced Diplomas (3 years)
These are some of the ways we work collaboratively with industry:
- Co-op – Many of our students find full-time employment with their co-op employers.
- Curriculum – Key industry representatives participate on our program advisory councils to help develop curriculum that matches student learning experiences with employer needs.
- Corporate training – We help companies ensure their employees remain current.
- Applied research – A growing number of companies look to us for applied research solutions, giving our students exposure to potential employers and allowing them to put their knowledge and skills to the test on real-life work projects.
- Investment – Many industry partners contribute to Georgian to ensure our programs, facilities, technologies and tools are up-to-date, and represent what students will find in the workplace.
Some of our partners include:
- Hydro One, Powerstream, Toronto Hydro, Innisfil Hydro, Orillia Hydro, BC Hydro, Ontario Power Generation, etc.
- City of Barrie, Town of Innisfil, York Region, Simcoe County, Bruce-Grey Township, Town of Midland, City of Toronto
- Ministry of Natural Resources, Ontario Auditor General, Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority, Ministry of the Environment
- Independent Electricity Systems Operator (IESO), Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA)
- Gunnell Engineering, Magna, Honda, Peto McCallum, Siemens, Eaton, Hatch, Morrisson Hershfield, AlarmForce, Elcan, Tycos Tool & Die