Primary health care
The Georgian Nurse Practitioner-led Clinic (GNPLC) is a Government of Ontario initiative funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The clinic provides all the services you could expect from a family practice.
If you a Georgian student and do not have a family doctor/primary provider, you may register for services at the clinic. You must have a valid health card and appointments are necessary.
If you are a Georgian student from out of town and cannot access your family doctor, you can come for an urgent appointment without becoming a registered patient to avoid after-hours clinics. Again, a valid health card and appointments are necessary.
- Common illness and injury treatment such as cough, cold, flu, rash, infections, muscle strains and sprains
- Sexual health information, diagnosis and treatments
- Birth control counselling and prescriptions
- Partial examinations including breast, genital, pelvic and cervical screening (PAP)
- Management for pregnancy
- Student health outreach events in high traffic college areas (educational health promotion)
Learn more about the Student Health Program.
For location, hours and contact info, visit the Georgian Nurse Practitioner-led Clinic page.