At Georgian, we work with industry and community partners to offer relevant, cutting-edge curriculum, quality work placements and co-op experiences with top employers.
Our students graduate with the skills and the mindset to be innovative thinkers and changemakers who can transform their workplaces and communities.
Our vision is to accelerate success through exceptional teaching and learning, innovation and partnerships.
- established 1967
- first college in Canada designated a Changemaker Campus by Ashoka U for our role as a leader in social innovation and changemaking in higher education
- number one in graduate employment in Ontario
- 87.3 per cent of our graduates found work within six months, according to 2016-17 Key Performance Indicators
- 90.2 per cent employer satisfaction
- Ontario’s number one co-op college and recognized leader in student work experience:
- emphasize practical, hands-on learning
- highest percentage of students enrolled in a co-op program (52 per cent)
- highest percentage of students enrolled in a mandatory co-op program
- 6,200 employer partners
- first Ontario college with programs accredited by the Canadian Association for Co-operative Education
- 72,000 Georgian alumni, 11,000 full-time students, more than 1,600 international students from 60 countries
- seven campuses:
- Career and Employment Community Services locations in Barrie, Orillia and Orangeville
- on-campus residences in Barrie, Orillia and Owen Sound; variety of off-campus housing options
- Indigenous Resource Centres in Barrie, Midland, Orillia and Owen Sound
- approximately 2,600 staff and faculty (full- and part-time)
- $2.5+ million in bursaries and scholarships available each year
- Power of Education fundraising campaign raises funds for strategic priorities:
- Advanced Technology, Innovation and Research Centre
- awards and scholarships
- collaborative learning spaces
- Board of Governors consists of:
- 12 appointees from cross-section of communities
- Georgian President and CEO
- one representative each for students, faculty, support staff and administrators
- graduate certificates
- degrees, including four combined degree-diplomas with Lakehead University:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) degree with Electrical Engineering Technology advanced diploma
- Honours Bachelor of Arts and Science – Environmental Sustainability (Specialization in Ecosystem Management) degree with Environmental Technician diploma
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Applied Life Sciences degree with Biotechnology – Health diploma
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree with Computer Programmer diploma
- launching seven new programs in 2018
- variety of Part-time Studies options
- academic upgrading
- apprenticeship training
- for 89 programs, 660 transfer agreements with 59 institutions
- entrepreneurial outcomes embedded in every Georgian program
- programs taught by faculty with industry experience
- average class size is 26 students
- full suite of student services to help students succeed from orientation to graduation – academic advising, counselling, financial aid and more
- average age: 22.17
- 52 per cent female and 48 per cent male
- six per cent self-identify as Indigenous
- 14 per cent have college credentials and nine per cent have university credentials
- 38 per cent directly from high school
- 61 per cent non-direct
- one per cent unknown
*The following statistics are from a study based on fiscal year 2016-17, conducted by Economic Modeling Specialists International (Emsi).
- Georgian’s total annual impact in its catchment area is $1.2 billion, with approximately $970 million from alumni impact, $166 million from operations spending impact and $26 million from student spending impact.
- This significant impact is equal to approximately 5.3 per cent of the regions’ total gross regional product (GRP), or approximately 12,786 jobs supported.
- For every tax dollar invested in Georgian, there is a $15.40 return.
- For every dollar students invest in their education at Georgian, they will receive a return of $5.10 in higher future earnings.
Read the full executive summary of the analysis of the economic impact and return on investment of education.