Benefits of being a member
- get exclusive discounts from more than 40 partners through the Perks program
- keep up-to-date with what’s happening at Georgian:
- celebrate the achievements of our graduates through profiles and annual award celebrations
- take advantage of volunteer opportunities such as participating in events like convocation and Open House
- get help planning reunions
As soon as you graduate, you automatically become a member of the Georgian College Alumni Association!
Consider joining the Alumni Association Executive Council
The Georgian College Alumni Association Executive Council (AAEC) is led by a dedicated group of volunteers who help fulfil the Alumni Association’s vision. We’re currently seeking graduates with a passion for their alma mater who:
- have proven leadership skills
- are comfortable with public speaking
- are inspired to mentor others
- wish to expand their professional network
- have previous board experience (an asset, but not required)
- are passionate about helping students and alumni achieve their goals
- have experienced success due, in part, to their Georgian College postsecondary education
- are interested in supporting the growth and evolution of Georgian College
- like to meet new people from all walks of life who share the common thread of being educated at Georgian College
If you are interested in joining this dynamic group, please complete the Georgian College Alumni Association Executive Council application form and submit this, along with your cover letter and resumé, to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative from Georgian.
Current Alumni Association Executive Council
Shaun McCracken, Chair: Business Administration – Professional Golf Management, 2010
Arjun Batra, Vice Chair: Mechanical Engineering Technology – Automotive Manufacturing, 2007
Maria Artuso, Member: Business Administration 2001 and Human Resources Management, Certificate of Achievement, 2001
Amanda Baysarowich, Member: Developmental Services Worker, 2006 and Addictions: Treatment and Prevention, 2008
Christina Beaudin-Smith, Member: Indigenous Community and Social Development, 2018
Lisa Buchanan, Member: Practical Nursing, 2011
Owein Chivers, Member: Business Administration – Marketing, 2012
Kevin Collins, Member: Tourism Management, 1985
Jeff Czetwerzuk, Member: Child and Youth Care, 2019
John Fisher, Member: Mechanical Engineering Technology, 1980, Justice and Public Safety, 1996 and Museum and Gallery Studies, 2018
Jennifer Hunt, Member: Business Marketing, 2004
Diana Soto, Member: Interior Decorating, 2014
Jake Vella, Member: Human Resources Management, 2005
Mark Wretham, Member: Hotel and Resort Operations, 1997 and Hotel and Resort Administration, 1998
Georgian’s annual publication featuring news from our 82,000 alumni worldwide.
It focuses on Georgian successes, alumni profiles, tips for career development and stories about donors and industry partners who are helping to grow the opportunities available to students.
Below are links to the current edition of GeorgianView and past editions.
The Alumni Association is a proud sponsor of both internal and external alumni and student events.
Complete the alumni sponsorship application form to request funding.
Applications may be submitted at any time.
- 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Barrie Campus, Room E200
If you are an entrepreneur or in a leadership position in a business, we encourage you to share your success story in the comments box provided. We use these stories to inspire our students. If you’re interested in becoming a mentor to students, please indicate this in the comment box.