Contact the Registrar’s Office
The Office of the Registrar is where you go to talk to someone about course registration, tuition payments, OSAP, credit transfers, and more.
Staff are currently working remotely, and are here to help! You can reach them by phone or email.
Pay your tuition
Good to know
- There’s one deadline for paying your deposit and another for paying your tuition fees.
- Full fees are due by the second day of term.
Check out Georgian’s important dates
- Pay attention to deadlines – don’t risk losing your spot in the program, not being able to register for courses or having to pay a late fee by missing a payment deadline.
- Georgian has an events calendar so you can keep track of college events.
- The Georgian College Students’ Association (GCSA) also has an events calendar so you don’t miss fun virtual events like bingo, trivia, artist showcases, etc.
Apply for financial assistance
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Financial Aid staff are here to help with information about OSAP.
- Read through the FAQs on the Financial Aid page.
- Apply for OSAP at least eight weeks prior to the start of your academic year.
Awards, scholarships and bursaries
- Get college money you don’t have to pay back!
- More than $1 million is raised annually at Georgian specifically for awards and scholarships – this money is for you, take advantage of it!
Register for your courses
When to register
Registration opens about one month before the semester begins. To find out when your unique registration window opens, log in to Banner, go to Registration menu, and click on Check registration status.
Banner login information
You’ll need your student number to log in to Banner. If you can’t locate it, you can email us your name, date of birth, address and program name and we’ll send it to you.
Prepare for your placement and internship
Good to know
Some programs have specific requirements like immunizations or police checks. Make sure you know what is required for your program and if you don’t understand the requirement, contact the program co-ordinator (listed on the Contact tab of your specific program page on the website)
Get your Georgian student card
What is ONEcard?
ONEcard is the official Georgian identification card. Its features extend far beyond a simple ID – it’s your student card, library card, athletic centre card, and now a convenient payment for select on-campus and off-campus vendors – all in one!
Submit your photo online
If you’re a first-time card holder, you can submit your photo online!
Try to get your student card early so you can cross it off your to-do list.
Get to know your campus
- There’s so much to do when you’re a new student, you probably don’t know where to begin! Why not start with a Head Start event?
- We can’t say enough how important it is to take part in Orientation. Why? Because it’s a proven fact that students who attend orientation feel more connected and get a better start.
- And don’t forget, our First Year Experience team is always standing by to help you out if you need anything.
Get to know Georgian systems
Chances are you’re pretty good with technology but it’s still a good idea to get to know our systems before you get too busy with classes, assignments and, well, fun!
- Your student email account is important because it’s the way we will communicate with you – make sure you check it often.
- Microsoft Office 365 is Georgian’s student email system.
- Your Georgian student email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your username is: email@example.com.
- Your password is: your six-character date of birth YYMMDD.
- Banner is our student information system – it contains your records, contact information and, once you register for your courses, your timetable.
- Blackboard allows you to communicate with your teachers and classmates online. You’ll be able to submit assignments, work on group projects and receive important information. There’s also a free Blackboard mobile app.
- You’ll use GeorgianConnects to find co-op, internship, part-time, contract, on-campus and graduate jobs.
- The student portal is your one-stop shop!
- See your timetable, connect with your student advisor, stay on top of student news and more!
- Use the same instructions to log in as for your Georgian student email.
Find a place to live
Georgian has lots of options for living both on-campus and off. Keep in mind that we don’t inspect off-campus housing listings so make sure you check out the place thoroughly before entering any kind of rental agreement.
*During the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact residence operators directly for questions regarding any changes in residence operations.
- Georgian fitness centres are closed during the COVID-19 pandemic but take a look at our facilities which you’ll be able to use when it’s safe for them to reopen.
- Varsity athletics are also suspended during fall semester due to the pandemic. But check out our Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) and the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) teams for future tryouts and spectating.
- You can choose from a variety of food and beverage options and pay with your Georgian ONEcard.
Policies to be aware of
Good to know
- Georgian is a smoking-free institution. You can’t smoke anywhere on Georgian property. If you’re a smoker, please plan your time on campus and allow time to smoke off site.
- Recreational cannabis use is prohibited on campus. Students or staff who require the use of medical marijuana are required to produce documentation.
- Georgian strives to maintain a campus free of discrimination and harassment. We have a process of investigation that protects the rights of individuals and holds individuals who commit an act of sexual violence accountable.
- Sometimes weather conditions lead to campus closures. Be aware of which channels to follow for news about campus closures.
Purchase your textbooks
Good to know
Georgian Stores’ primary goal is to ensure students are able to obtain course materials when they need them, at reasonable prices. All financial surplus generated by the stores is reinvested in the college for the benefit of students.
Remote learning and supports
Good to know
Student Remote Learning Kit
New to online learning? We know it’s a big adjustment! We’ve prepared a Student Remote Learning Kit with lots of great resources to help you succeed. Find out how to complete your courses online and how to get support remotely.
Georgian Learning Guarantee
Worried if online learning is right for you? For the fall 2020 semester, we’re implementing the Georgian Learning Guarantee. We want you to succeed, so much so, if you choose to withdraw from your program before Oct. 16, 2020, we’ll apply your tuition fees to the first semester when you return in January, May or September of 2021. You choose the program. All you have to do is reapply and be accepted.
When in doubt, ask for help
Good to know
Georgian staff are here to support you in your academic journey. Here is a list of a few people and places you can refer to for help.
Additional information for international students
Here is helpful information you need to get started on your journey to Georgian and to Canada.
- If you’re travelling to Canada, please review all of our COVID-19 FAQs for international students
- Download the fall 2020 pre-departure book
- Confirm your study permit
- Explore your housing options
- Complete your online pre-orientation between Aug. 26 and Sept. 13
- Attend online orientation on Sept. 14
- Bring proof of immunization records
- Learn about your insurance coverage from guard.me International Insurance
- Learn about your insurance coverage from mystudentplan via the Georgian College Students’ Association