Why Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation at Georgian?
- Our programs provide experiences that go far beyond the classroom, with opportunities to apply theory in both classroom and industry settings
- Benefit from practical learning experiences including lab time, field trips and industry conferences
- Learn under the guidance of instructors from the industry with decades of experience and a wealth of knowledge to share
- Gain real-world experience with paid co-op work terms
- Graduate with job-ready skills and industry-specific certifications
- Kick start your career in a growing industry with exciting opportunities all around the world
Certificates (1 year)
Diplomas (2 years)
- Culinary Management (Co-op)
- Fitness and Health Promotion
- Golf Industry Management (Co-op)
- Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Operations Management (Co-op)
- Recreation and Leisure Services (Co-op)
- Sport Administration
- Tourism (Co-op)
Graduate Certificates (1 or 2 years)
Not sure about your next career move?
Find the career that’s right for you, and the Georgian program that will take you there.
While studying at Georgian College, I learned that there are so many opportunities in the hotel and resort industry. My co-op placements in particular were an invaluable part of my education and development. They got me out into the real world, on both a professional and personal level. They also helped me make important contacts.—Tony Manni, Director of Guest Services at Toronto International Film Festival
Culinary and baking labs
Our on-campus culinary and baking labs feature state-of-the-art equipment, replicating restaurants and major production facilities in Ontario.
The labs provide many practical learning opportunities for Georgian students. Here, they get hands-on training from our instructors with industry experience, learn many cooking techniques, and practice making delicious dishes.
Georgian Dining Room and Bun on the Run
The Georgian Dining Room is a state-of-the-art facility where students practise and perfect their food preparation and food service skills.
Bun on the Run is a live learning lab. Students in our culinary, baking and hospitality programs prepare and serve the meals to Georgian students, staff and members of the community.
Indoor instructional golf lab
Students in our Golf Industry Management two-year diploma program hone their skills in our state-of-the-art indoor golf instructional lab.
The golf lab features a high definition fold simulator, V1 teaching software, The Optional Motion Instruction (TOMI) putting analysis system, club fitting systems, numerous golf swing training aids, a library of golf-focused books, and more.
Connect with us
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.