Imagine an exciting hospitality career working at places such as five-star hotels, luxurious resorts, restaurants, clubs, and cruise lines. Hospitality professionals work with diverse clientele all over the world. Students are immersed in an innovative curriculum taught by faculty with valuable industry expertise. Learning takes place through extensive experiential opportunities including field trips, practical labs, workplace certifications, and study and travel abroad. Emphasis is put on both the food and beverage and rooms divisions of a hotel or resort property, and strategic industry partnerships complement student learning.
|Fall 2023||Barrie, South Georgian Bay|
Tuition and fees
- Visit our tuition and fees page for detailed information on the cost to attend Georgian.
- You can afford this! Explore OSAP as well as awards, scholarships and bursaries to help you pay your way to graduation.
This program includes a co-op work term component where you will gain practical, on-the-job experience in your field.
What are the admission requirements for the Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Operations Management program?
Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Operations Management admission requirements
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/academic-regulations/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit for Prior Learning website for details:
What career paths can I take in hospitality management?
Your Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Operations Management diploma gives you many career opportunities
Graduates from this program may find positions in the following sectors:
- cruise lines
- industry suppliers
- ancillary services in health care and education
What courses are included in the Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Operations Management diploma program?
19 Program Courses
2 Communications Courses
3 General Education Courses
1 Co-op Work Term
Semester 1 courses are listed below. For a full list of courses in the program including course descriptions, view the Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Operations Management program outline.
- FLIE 1002 – Certifications for the Hospitality Industry
- MATH 1041 – Mathematics for Hospitality
- REAS 3001 – Research Methods and Analysis
- TOUR 1009 – Dynamics of Hospitality and Tourism
- Program Courses – Select 1 additional course from the Program Courses listed below.
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration.
- Select 1 course from the general education list during registration.
Do you have questions about Hospitality – Hotel and Resort Operations Management? Contact us!
Thinking about applying to Georgian?
Contact our student recruitment team to explore your study options.
Already applied to Georgian?
Connect with the Office of the Registrar for admissions-related questions.
Are you an international student?
Contact our international recruitment team to learn more about studying at Georgian.