About the clinic
The Occupational Therapy (OT) Paediatric Clinic is open to the local community and will offer fine motor intervention to children ages four to 10.
Students in Georgian’s Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant program will assist in the delivery of interventions, while under the direct supervision of a registered occupational therapist.
Who can participate in the clinic?
The OT Paediatric Clinic is geared to children ages four to 10 who present with fine motor delays. This clinic is best suited to assist children who present difficulties with:
- manipulating small objects
- trunk or arm weakness
- bilateral hand tasks (co-ordination)
Is a referral required?
Referral from a teacher or health-care provider is recommended, but is not required to participate in the clinic.
How will treatment be offered?
All participants are required to participate in an initial OT assessment and must be able to engage in one in-person session weekly, between May and August, 2022.
- In-person sessions are offered on Monday or Tuesday evenings.
- Sessions will take place at Georgian’s Barrie Campus.
- Parking is provided free of charge for program participants.
- We have additional COVID-19 protocols in place for the safety of our clients, students and staff. For more information, visit our Health and Wellness Clinic FAQs.
Remote sessions (currently not offered)
- Dates for remote sessions to be announced.
- Sessions will be provided via WebEx.
- While there is no fee to use WebEx, a strong internet connection is required to facilitate video and audio communication.
What is the cost to attend the clinic?
Services at the OT Paediatric Clinic are provided free of charge to the family, with the exception of a $10 administration fee, paid at time of arrival.
Book an appointment
Families interested in participating in the program must connect with us to complete an intake form.
You will be contacted by a college representative to confirm enrolment, identify the initial assessment date, as well as schedule weekly session dates and times.
To request treatment or more information on OT Paediatric Clinic services, please contact us.
Clinic location: M233, Sadlon Centre for Health and Wellness, Barrie Campus. View campus map.