Georgian’s Career and Employment Community Services offers help to youth who are looking for employment, and to employers seeking potential candidates for future employment. Clients may access year-round information and resource services to help with their planning for employment. Employers can also post job opportunities throughout the year.
Additional programs and services are available to suit your unique needs.
Youth Employment Pathways
Are you between 15 and 30, and looking for work? We’ll pay you to train and find a job!
Our FREE program offers all the training you need to develop your skills and employability to get a job and keep it.
Participants complete an average of 30 hours per week over a six-week period, including online training courses and additional practical on-the-job-experience.
Through this program, you’ll get:
- job-preparedness training
- skills training related to your employment goals
- professional and workplace experience
- job coaching and job search support
How to register
For more information or to register, please email us at [email protected] or call 519.942.9986, ext. 5627.
Youth Job Connection
Get paid to find your job!
- Program objective
- The Youth Job Connection (YJC) program helps youth (ages 15 to 29) who live in Dufferin County reach long-term and meaningful employment goals through skills development, job coaching, job placement and training support
- YJC is provincially funded
- One-to-one job coaching
- Financial support
- Pre-employment training
- 60 to 90 hours of paid training over 3 or more weeks allows participants to build employability skills
- Job placement
- Full- or part-time, up to 26 weeks, paid
- Hiring incentive up to $6,000.00 for employers in the form of a full or partial wage subsidy to offset the cost of training new employee
- Job coaching
- Ongoing one-to-one support throughout placement
- Skills enhancement or job-related training
- Participants may receive job-related training from a third party which supports the development of transferrable skills
How to register
Register early. Space is limited! For more information or to register, please email [email protected] or call 519.942.9986, ext. 5641.