What is a micro-credential?
A micro-credential represents the completion of competencies driven by industry or market need that are completed in a short time frame. These programs can help learners quickly gain new skills, upskill or retrain for a new career. There are three types of micro-credentials at Georgian.
A module represents the successful completion of competencies/module driven by industry or labour market need.
A micro-certificate represents the successful completion of a series of modules based on industry need.
A micro-credential certificate represents a series of micro-certificates based on industry need.
Why micro-credentials at Georgian?
- Micro-credentials are a flexible, accelerated upskilling opportunity that take less time to complete than diplomas or degrees
- Get an edge on the competition to move up in your current field or tap into a new career or industry
- Georgian’s micro-credential offerings are developed with input from local industry and employers
- Develop specialized, in-demand, 21st century skills that meet industry-specific needs
- Earn digital badges and display them on LinkedIn, social media or your resumé to signal your demonstrated competencies
- Automotive Parts and Service Essentials
- Canine Behaviour Series micro-certificate
- Canine Foundations Training Academy micro-certificate
- Dialysis Technical Assistant
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging in the Workplace micro-certificate
- Management Essentials micro-certificate
- Photography Essentials micro-certificate
- RapidSkills micro-certificate
- Supportive Care Assistant certificate
- Teaching and Training Adults micro-certificate
- UpSkill Tourism
- Virtual Reality Educator
Learn more and register
Interested in micro-credentials at Georgian?
Please click on any of the offerings to learn more and find out how to register.
The hydraulics training course provided by the RapidSkills project has been one of the best training courses, if not the best training course, I’ve had the honour of participating in. Attending training during a pandemic can certainly be a challenge, but RapidSkills and the instructor of the course made the most of it and gave us updates promptly to any potential changes happening. The instructor was very knowledgeable, blended hands-on learning and theory together in a manner that made the material fun and easy to learn. I highly recommend RapidSkills to anyone looking to advance knowledge or training in their respective industry.—John Fiebrich, Mechanical Designer, Weldco-Beales Manufacturing