An apprentice is someone who is training to work in a skilled trade. As a registered apprentice, you’ll receive most of your training on
the job under the supervision of an experienced tradesperson, and you will be paid while you gain work experience.
You’ll also complete in-school training at Georgian College in our state-of-the-art shop spaces.While the majority of the cost of the in-school training is paid by the ministry, you are required to pay a classroom fee of $10 per day to Georgian College.
At the end of the two- to five-year journey, you’ll have developed a high level of skill, judgment and creativity to succeed in this high-demand industry.
In Ontario, apprenticeship training is run by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Georgian College is a Training Delivery Agent.
How to get started
- Find a sponsor – someone who agrees to hire, train and pay you.
- Fill out a form to apply for an apprenticeship.
- Sign a training agreement with your sponsor after your application has been approved.
- Register with the Ontario College of Trades to start training.
Apprenticeship programs offered at Georgian
- Child and Youth Worker
- Child Development Practitioner
- Developmental Services Worker
- Educational Assistant
- Electrician – Construction and Maintenance/
Domestic and Rural/Industrial
- General Carpenter
- General Machinist
- Marine Engine Technician
- Mould Maker
- Small Engine Mechanic
- Tool and Die Maker
705.728.1968, ext. 5103
Apprenticeship Client Services
Muskoka: 705.737.1431 or 1.800.560.3821
Owen Sound: 519.376.5790