The Office of Academic Quality
The Office of Academic Quality (OAQ) acts as a centralized point of contact and service related to all curriculum quality assurance processes across the college. OAQ helps to facilitate continuous quality improvement by overseeing academic policy, and ensuring that changes at any credential level are embedded and operationalized in all related processes and procedures.
In supporting student success, OAQ:
- ties curriculum to Ministry guidelines and standards
- provides curriculum support and resources to academic areas
- oversees and facilitates all curriculum processes
- enables evidence-based curriculum decision-making
- acts as a link between the academic areas and relevant stakeholders
The Office of Academic Quality (OAQ) can provide a number of resources with regard to curriculum development and design, work with program teams on curriculum development, and assist with answers to questions about the Curriculum Information Management system (CIM), approvals, deadlines and more.
A culture of academic excellence through continuous quality improvement.
To enhance and implement comprehensive academic policies and curriculum processes that inspire best practices and contribute to the quality of the educational experience.