The College Quality Assurance Audit Process (CQAAP) occurs once every five years. Overseen by the Ontario College Quality Assurance Service (OCQAS), the audit is an opportunity for Ontario Colleges to analyze and assess existing quality assurance mechanisms against established standards. The process is lengthy and rigorous, and involves extensive self-study and reflection, as well as external review, all in the interest of continual quality improvement.
OCQAS last updated the CQAAP standards in May of 2019. They are as follows:
- Standard 1: Program Quality Management System
- Standard 2: Vocational Learning Outcomes as the Centre of Program Development (throughout the life cycle of the program)
- Standard 3: Conformity with Government Requirements
- Standard 4: Program Delivery and Student Assessment
- Standard 5: Existence, Monitoring, and Communications of Policies and Practices that Influence and Impact Academic Quality
- Standard 6: Availability and Allocation of College-wide Resources
Georgian is currently preparing for its five year audit which takes place over the 2019/2020 academic year, and which culminates in a site visit conducted by external auditors (selected by OCQAS) the week of June 15, 2020.
The Office of Academic Quality (OAQ) is leading the CQAAP, under the guidance of the Vice-President, Academic Quality and the Dean of Liberal Arts, Academic Quality, and Teaching and Learning. However, the entire college community will be involved at various times as needed.
- January 27, 2020: Informal review of the Self-study by OCQAS
- April 6, 2020: Submission of Self-study Package to OCQAS
- April 29, 2020: Confirmation of Site Visit Dates and Panelists
- May 19, 2020: Review of Self-study Documents and Follow-up
- June 1, 2020: Response from the College
- Due to the current pandemic, the Site Visit will be rescheduled.
CQAAP DocumentationCQAAP Self-study Report – Georgian 2020 Executive Summary Audit Report for Georgian 2015 Georgian 18 Month Follow-up Report 2016
- Self-study package submitted April 6, 2020 – The Office of Academic Quality will work with the OCQAS auditing team to provide any additional evidence requested as a result of their review of the Self-study package. Due to the current pandemic, all other aspects of the audit process are on hold until September. The site visit will be rescheduled once OCQAS reevaluates the situation at that time.
- Draft of Self-study submitted to OCQAS for informal review January 2020 – Response was positive, with minimal revisions required. Work continues to complete the Self-study package.
- Site visit dates confirmed by OCQAS – OCQAS has confirmed that our site visit dates are June 15 and 16, 2020.
- Evidence collection continues – Regular meetings took place throughout the 2019 winter and spring semesters with both the working groups and program teams. Evidence continues to be gathered and organized.
- Working groups established – Twelve working groups (one for each CQAAP program standard and one for each selected program) were created in December of 2018 and are responsible for reviewing and gathering the extensive evidence needed to support the self-study.
- Programs selected by OCQAS – Six programs were randomly selected in the Fall of 2018 by OCQAS and will be highlighted throughout the Self-study:
- Electrical Techniques
- Sport Administration
- Environmental Technology
- Big Data Analytics
- Registered Nurse – Critical Care Nursing