Current job opportunities at Georgian College
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Georgian College.
Visit our career portal for a complete list of current job openings. Before applying, we encourage you to review the application reminders.
If you are an external applicant interested in working at Georgian College, start your job search and apply online using the career portal linked below.
Why work at Georgian College?
Georgian delivers powerful ways to accelerate your career, success and future. Our commitment to being an active agent of growth extends not only to our students, graduates, communities and industry – but also to our employees.
Leading, innovative and inspiring workplace
Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers seven times and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers five years in a row, it’s no wonder we’ve cultivated a reputation for being a leading, innovative and inspiring workplace.
Embark on a rewarding career
You may apply to work at Georgian College for the chance to excel in a rewarding profession, but you’ll choose to stay because of our exceptional culture, collaborative team environment, opportunity for growth and development, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of students.
In addition to a rewarding career, here are some of the other benefits offered to full-time employees of Georgian College:
- competitive compensation
- comprehensive benefits plan
- CAAT defined-benefit pension plan – fully matched contributions
- generous vacation policy
- tuition reimbursement
- reduced course fees for college staff
- subsidized memberships to fitness centres at the Barrie, Orillia and Owen Sound campuses
- Barrie Campus health care clinics open to the public
How to apply for jobs at Georgian College
Refer to the following resources for instructions on applying for jobs at Georgian College.
Please take a moment to review the following information regarding Georgian’s application process:
- unsolicited resumes will not be accepted – please apply directly to each competition that you wish to be considered for
- you will receive an email confirmation once an application has been received – please do not call for further confirmation
- save your cover letter and resume (or curriculum vitae) as one document and use the competition number and your name as the document name
- ensure information you provide is correct and true to the best of your knowledge (e.g. dates, employers, experiences, job titles, etc.)
- include dates (month and year) to correspond with work experience and education in your resume
- do not include reference letters or educational credentials with your application
- submit all applications on or before the closing date (5 p.m. as on the advertised closing date) – late applications will not be accepted
Postings with special application instructions
Some Georgian College positions have special or unique application instructions. For these positions, application instructions are included in the “How to apply” section of the job posting. Please submit your application accordingly.
Information for full-time faculty candidates:
Candidates with international credentials will be required to provide an evaluation to confirm the Canadian equivalency of their educational credentials. Georgian will accept evaluations from World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS). As part of the selection process, candidates will be required to arrange to have their official evaluations forwarded directly to Human Resources. Any costs associated with obtaining or forwarding of these documents is at the expense of the candidate.
For additional information, listed below are links to the websites of both organizations:
Although evaluations are not required at time of application, if you have not started the credential evaluation process, we recommend you speak to your preferred evaluation organization to confirm the timelines associated with your evaluation. Georgian College typically allows a one-week turnaround from the time we request your evaluation.