We’re here to help first-year students transition into college life and have the best possible experience at Georgian. As your first point of contact for transition support, we offer:
- correct referrals and connection to the support and resources you students need
- study skills support so you can learn more effectively and efficiently, including time and task management, note-taking, effective studying, writing and essays, understanding assignments, giving presentations and taking tests
Connect with the advising team
I want to know more about the Peer Mentor program
Since the program’s inception, peer mentors have supported hundreds of students with their transition to college life, their connection to peers, the college and the community. The Peer Mentor program is currently available to all students at the Barrie Campus.
Peer Mentoring at Georgian
If you want to feel better connected to Georgian, the Peer Mentor program can help . Once you are matched with a mentor, you will know that there is someone there to assist you with navigating the campus and its various services. Peer mentors can guide you by providing tips to help you succeed in your new learning community.
- fill out a mentee application (A mentee is a person who is being mentored.)
- once your application is accepted, you will be contacted by email with next steps.
Do you have a passion to get involved and about an hour a week to spare? Consider becoming a peer mentor at Georgian College. Training is provided.
- fill out the mentor application
- once the application is received, you will be contacted by email with information on training and instructions for next steps.
Peer Mentor Hub – Barrie Campus Room K205
Peer Leadership Staff Advisor
705.728.1968, ext. 1920
Lead Peer Mentors
Shannon Kelly and Monica Castaneda
705.728.1968, ext. 1600