Why study Automotive Business at Georgian?
- Become a future leader in the automotive industry with an employment rate of over 90 per cent
- Start your automotive career with endless opportunities in dealership operations, vehicle manufacturers, aftermarket and more
- Gain automotive industry experience and build your network with up to 12 months of paid co-op work terms
- $150,000 in scholarships and awards offered every year
- Attend automotive industry conferences, networking events, class trips and hear from industry-leading guest speakers
- Experiential learning at its best: Take part in the Georgian College Auto Show, our student-run, outdoor learning lab that allows our students to get hands-on experience with major manufacturers and the public
Diplomas (2 years)
Degrees (4 years)
Have a question about our programs?
Send us an email at ABSC@georgiancollege.ca or call 705.728.1968, ext. 1234.
Not sure about your next career move?
Find the career that’s right for you, and the Georgian program that will take you there.
The degree program is great. If you’re passionate about cars, you couldn’t do better. It gives you an all-around perspective of the industry, including real financial statements and marketing plans – things you don’t get to see in an entry-level job. The profs are great. We were offered countless networking opportunities. The work placements are phenomenal, and the Auto Show helps us put skills to work.—Michael Piccinin, Strategic Services Consultant at DealerSocket
Automotive Business School of Canada
The Automotive Business School of Canada (ABSC) was created by the industry, for the industry. Located at the Barrie Campus, the ABSC trains the next generation of business leaders in the automotive industry throughout Canada.
If you’re looking for a career in the automotive industry, this is your school!
Canadian Dealership Academy
The Canadian Dealership Academy (CDA) is an executive-level program for current and future general managers and dealer principals.
Explore how individual departments operate and how broader concepts affect the dealership overall. CDA was created to help automotive leaders stay competitive in a demanding Canadian marketplace.
Georgian College Auto Show
The annual Georgian College Auto Show is the largest outdoor, student-run new car auto show in Canada, attracting over 10,000 attendees.
From the planning of the show to the wrap-up, it’s organized and staffed by students in automotive programs at the Automotive Business School of Canada.
The Automotive Business School of Canada was built and is actively supported by the automotive industry, for the automotive industry.
- Curriculum: Our curriculum is developed with representatives from various sectors of the automotive industry to ensure our students graduate with the skills, knowledge and experience required for success.
- Co-op: Our established relationships within the automotive industry enable our students to travel across Canada to work for various types of organizations including retail, manufacturers, aftermarket and finance.
- Guest speakers: Students get to hear first-hand from leaders in the automotive industry.
- Industry conferences: With the support of NAFA, TADA, Kijiji and AIA Canada, our students are given the opportunity to take part in automotive industry conferences, free of charge, to learn what the industry professionals are learning.
- Networking: We host many events that provide opportunities for our students to meet members of the automotive industry.
- Scholarships and awards: Thanks to our industry partners, over $150,000 in scholarships and awards is available to our students each year.
The Automotive Business School of Canada is supported by many sectors and organizations within the automotive industry:
- Manufacturers: Global Automakers of Canada and Canadian Vehicle Manufacturer’s Association
- Acura, BMW, Chevy/Buick/GMC, FCA, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Subaru, Toyota/Scion, Volkswagen
- Retail/Dealerships: Canadian Automobile Dealers Association
- Aftermarket: The Automotive Industries Association of Canada
- Regulator: The Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council
Connect with us
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.