I’ve accepted Georgian’s offer of admission. Now what do I do?
Once you’ve accepted our offer, you will receive a confirmation/invoice letter stating your full fees for the first term and your next steps.
An important next step is that you must pay a non-refundable deposit or full fees by the deadline in order to confirm your seat in the program. The minimum non-refundable deposit amount is $250 ($2,500 for international/visa students).
Paying your fees by the due date confirms your seat in the program – which means your spot won’t be given to another student. It also allows you access to Banner, our student information system for registration, timetables, fees, books and more.
Do I have to pay fees if I have a conditional offer of admissions or if I’m being sponsored or applying for OSAP?
Yes, you have to pay the non-refundable deposit or full fees by the deadlines to confirm your seat. The only exception is sponsored students.
What are the fee deadlines?
Deadlines to pay the non-refundable deposit for all students, including students on OSAP and those starting new programs:
- Fall semester deposit by June 15, 2020, full balance due Sept. 22, 2020
- Winter semester deposit by Oct. 5, 2020, full balance due Jan. 25, 2021
- Summer semester deposit by Feb. 16, 2021, full balance due May 25, 2021
What if I miss the deadline, or receive an offer after the deadline?
Many programs may still have spots, however Georgian reserves the right to refuse payments after the deadline if the program is full.
Frequently asked questions
Georgian is unable to accept fee payments by credit card or personal cheque. You may pay your non-refundable deposit (only) by credit card. You can pay:
- through your financial institution:
- this includes telephone and online banking, or in person at your branch
- the payee is “Georgian College TUITION” and your account number is your nine-digit student number
- bank payments will be processed within three days, so please pay prior to the deadline
- credit card payment (for non-refundable deposit amount only):
- you can now pay your non-refundable deposit ($250, effective Fall 2019) by credit card ($2,500 for international students)
- we are unable to accept fee payments, other than deposits, by credit card – we hope to have full online payment service available soon (you will receive an email with details once this option is ready)
- in person:
- you can pay debit, certified cheque, cash or money order
- be sure to write your student number on the back of your certified cheque or money order
- if you’re paying debit, please check your daily limit as many banks set limits of $500 per day
- by mail:
- send a certified cheque or money order by mail to Georgian College, Office of the Registrar, One Georgian Dr., Barrie ON, L4M 3X9
- remember to include your nine-digit student number and allow sufficient time for the mail to arrive by the payment deadline
Students who are sponsored by a government agency, WSIB, employer or some other organization that is providing fees directly to Georgian College must provide a supporting letter prior to the fees due date. The letter must verify such sponsorship and provide an explanation as to how and when fees will be paid to Georgian, the amount being sponsored and for what duration. Your records will be updated to allow you to register in courses.
Some fees may not be covered under your sponsorship (i.e., parking, bus pass, etc.). Check with your sponsorship agency to see if you are covered for such additional costs. These must be stated on your sponsorship letter. If you are a sponsored student with a point of contact on campus (i.e., a Student Success advisor), be sure to contact this person upon acceptance into your program. Contact information is available through your sponsorship agency or Georgian College.