What is ONEcard?
Your ONEcard uses flex dollars which work on a declining balance system. Every time a purchase is made, the amount is subtracted from your balance. You never have to worry about transaction fees or limits and your balance never expires while it’s in use. It also saves you the hassle of carrying around bulky cash and coins.
- use it to access services* such as
- use it as a secure method of payment at participating stores and restaurants, on and off campus
- use it to track your spending and manage your budget
*Access to services is dependent on availability at your individual campus.
How to get your ONEcard
- Submit your photo online.
- Using your Georgian College email account, send a colour copy of a piece of government issued photo ID along with your full name, mailing address and student number to ONEcard@GeorgianCollege.ca. Please note, submissions from personal email accounts will not be accepted. You will not be eligible to receive your card until the above information has been provided and you have registered for your timetable. ONEcards will only be mailed to Canadian addresses. If you are an international student, you will be eligible to receive your ONEcard when the above conditions have been met and you have provided a Canadian mailing address.
- Once we have received the above information and you have registered in classes, we will mail a deactivated copy of your ONEcard to the address you provided, along with instructions on how to activate your card. We will also send a confirmation email to let you know that the card has been shipped.
Upload your photo
Activate or deactivate your card
How to load money on your ONEcard
Please see the Use and Ownership page for the complete terms and conditions, as well as the refund policy.
Georgian Bookstores at the Barrie, Orillia, and Owen Sound campuses accept cash, debit, or credit card payments to add funds to your ONEcard account.
Using a credit card or Visa-debit, students, family and friends can conveniently add money anytime through our website. This money will immediately be applied to the student’s ONEcard. All you need is a student number. You can load up to $2,000 per transaction, but there is no limit to how much money you can have on your card at one time. See the helpful guides below.
Log in to your account using your Georgian College student number and password. If this is your first time logging on, your password will be your date of birth (formatted as YYMMDD).
Next select ‘Add Cash’ from the upper-right-hand menu. You will be able to enter the amount you want to deposit, then you’ll be taken to the payment screen where you can enter your credit card or visa-debit information.
You will receive a receipt at the email address you entered at the beginning of the transaction. The default account is your student email address.
Go to the supporters’ log on web page, enter the student’s nine-digit ID number and the first three letters of their name, then select ‘Log On’.
Next, enter the email address where you would like to receive the receipt when the transaction is finished. You can then enter the amount you wish to send and a note to go along with it. You can also select the box next to ‘Notify the cardholder’ to send the student an email letting them know that money has been added to their account.
You will then be able to confirm your total and enter your card information.
Other ways to load
Through online banking
You can also add funds through online banking. Simply log into your online bank account and add Georgian College – ONEcard as a payee. The account number is the nine-digit student number. It’s as easy as paying your bills online. Please allow a maximum of two to three business days for processing. For a list of participating banks, please see below.
Information for parents/supporters
ONEcard offers you the opportunity to help support students from the comfort of your home. It also gives you peace of mind, knowing that the money you provide can only be spent by the student you are supporting at one of our authorized partners. The ONEcard also provides more variety and convenience than traditional meal plans.
Students can access their account to view their financial statements, card balance and transaction history.
The ONEcard cannot be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco products, prepaid credit/gift cards, postal services, lottery tickets or cannabis products. Cash withdrawals are not permitted. Please see the Use and Ownership page for the complete terms and conditions, as well as the refund policy.
Meal plan recommendations:
|Feeling snacky||For those who commute or cook a lot of their own meals||$500||$6.50/day|
|Occasional eater||For those who may purchase about 1 meal per day||$1,000||$13/day|
|Don’t want to be hangry||For those who will get a large number of their meals at our vendors||$2,500||$33/day|
|Let’s do this||For those with a healthy appetite or who prefer to let others take care of all of the cooking and dishes||$3,000||$40/day|
The above amounts are recommendations only and allow you to try to estimate how much money you may want to load onto your ONEcard. Load as much or as little as you would like*. You can top up as frequently as you need to and your balance always rolls forward to the next semester.
Purchasing text books:
Avoid the hassle of multiple trips to the bookstore due to daily transaction limits on debit and credit cards. Instead, pre-load your ONEcard and get it all done at once.
*Please note, that when loading using a credit card there is a $1 minimum and a $2,000 maximum per transaction. However, you can load using as many transactions as you would like.