Why Skilled Trades at Georgian?
- Prepare for an in-demand career in the skilled trades
- Open up an entire industry full of career opportunities
- Become job-ready from here, or begin your apprenticeship
- Our state-of-the-art labs and equipment, along with expert faculty and employer connections, will give you the advantage after graduation
- Dedicated skilled trades labs offer exceptional hands-on learning opportunities, from welding to hairstyling!
- Learn through a mix of in-class instruction and project-based learning
- Enjoy smaller class sizes, taught by experienced, certified instructors in skilled trades
Certificates (1 year)
- Cabinetmaking Techniques
- Carpentry and Renovation Techniques
- Construction Techniques
- Electrical Techniques
- Gas Technician
- Mechanical Techniques – Marine Engine Mechanic
- Mechanical Techniques – Small Engine Mechanic
- Plumbing Techniques
- Welding Techniques
Diplomas (1 or 2 years)
Not sure about your next career move?
Find the career that’s right for you, and the Georgian program that will take you there.
Georgian gave me the knowledge I needed to change my career. They showed me how to use the tools and how to read the information – things I do every single day in my job. What I liked most about studying at the Midland Campus was that it wasn’t too big. The teachers were always there and willing to help.—Theresa Marcotte, Panel Builder at Walker Panels and graduate of Georgian’s Electrical Techniques program
Our Barrie Campus has a dedicated Centre for Skilled Trades. The building features a woodworking shop, hairstyling studio, precision skills shop and robotics lab.
In these outstanding facilities, students engage with materials, tools, equipment and machinery of the trade, just like in work environments.
Georgian’s Robbert Hartog Midland Campus offers exceptional apprenticeship and skills training, providing the industry with a vital, highly-qualified workforce.
Skilled Trades students benefit from 67,000 square feet of learning space, including 39,000 square feet of dedicated shop space.
Our Muskoka Campus, located in beautiful Bracebridge, is home to state-of-the-art skilled trades facilities.
Featuring 18,000 square feet of learning space, the Muskoka Campus includes a 7,000-square-foot carpentry shop and a 300-square-foot paint and finishing room.
Owen Sound Campus
Skilled trades are an important focus at Georgian’s Owen Sound Campus, featuring a range of dedicated learning labs and equipment.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in the electrical, welding, gas or carpentry industries, get the specialized, hands-on training you need in Owen Sound.
Connect with us
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.