The Centre for Teaching and Learning facilitates academic professional development (PD) with emphasis on the quality of the student learning experience and support for those experiences both in and outside the classroom. Our focus is on internal and external PD that leads to improved student learning through improved teaching and learning practices, systems, and support.
Hours of Operation | Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., room M350, Barrie Campus
Click the image to open our conference flipbook. It contains full information about the conference including details about our keynote speaker, the conference agenda, session types and descriptions and presenter information.
What’s Happening in CTL This Week?
Teaching and Learning Topics
In the Centre for Teaching and Learning we strive to:
- facilitate skill development for the effective use of technology for teaching and learning
- create instructional resources for teaching and learning
- encourage and facilitate discussion about professional teaching practice at the postsecondary level through workshops, mentoring, online learning, and open dialogue materials for faculty on topics related to assessment, teaching strategies, and teaching with technology
- provide and support technological resources to enhance teaching and learning (e.g., scanners, development software, digital camera, web links) and print resources (e.g., books, journals) to enhance teaching and learning
- develop skills in academic areas for making and implementing informed curriculum delivery choices
- implement a model for new faculty orientation and development
- provide support and facilitate continuous improvement in college curriculum
- Applying Principles of Good Practice for Assessment
- Designing Effective Assignments
- Introduction to Problem Based Learning (PBL)
- Scaffolding: Providing Structure for Success
- Applying Design Principles to Learning Documents
- Understanding and Enhancing Student Motivation
- Preventing Plagiarism
- Using Experiential Learning Effectively