Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation is here!
In January 2022, Blackboard Ultra Base Navigation (UBN) was enabled at Georgian. This update provides a fresh new layout that is designed to improve the teaching and learning experience for the entire Georgian community.
Why did we make this change?
Here are three reasons:
- Intuitive design: Blackboard Ultra is intuitive and fluid in design, making it easy to find and access what you’re looking for.
- Improved student experience: This new design also means a better experience for students, simplifying how they find and access course content.
- Activity stream: Quickly see assignments that need grading and discussions that are happening in your courses. The activity stream brings all these updates together on one screen.
If you are still getting acquainted with the new Blackboard UBN layout, we encourage you to explore the resources listed below to learn more:
If you have any questions about this announcement, please email your friendly Faculty Blackboard Support Team.
Should I contact CTL or IT Support?
The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) has been focused on providing relevant and timely support to faculty as we develop courses for remote delivery. With the high number of individual requests for help with Blackboard and related educational technologies, we’ve simplified our contact process.
Please contact [email protected] to receive the fastest, most direct service. We’re committed to replying as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
As always, this Faculty Blackboard support page is available to you 24/7 with support articles, screencasts and tip sheets.
- Faculty how-to questions
- Faculty training
- Documentation and support resources
- Assist with content creation and development
- Functionality and troubleshooting
- Developmental course creation
- Technical error messages
- Course restores
- Section merge tool
- Course export or archive requests
- Blackboard reporting
- Password or login issues (all users)
- Organization creation and enrolments
Additional support resources
When you visit the links below, you will be taken to the support pages for the Blackboard Ultra interface.
To view Blackboard Original Course View content, please click the Go to Original Course View page hyperlink at the top of each resource once selected.
Click to expand the accordions for more information.