Why study Community Safety at Georgian?
- Whether your interest lays in policing, firefighting or security and investigation, you’ll benefit from a rich curriculum that will help you make a positive impact on the community
- Our programs focus on both theory and application
- Enjoy smaller class sizes and more opportunities for hands-on experiential learning
- Accelerate your learning with our faculty’s real-world experience, including the RCMP and Canadian Border Services
- Skills ranging from community involvement, sound judgement, moral integrity and physical fitness are deeply ingrained in our programs
- Our programs are designed to prepare you for the mental, moral and physical demands of your future career in Community Safety
Certificates (1 year)
Diplomas (2 years)
Degrees (4 years)
Not sure about your next career move?
Find the career that’s right for you, and the Georgian program that will take you there.
I received a great understanding of the policing system and everything that surrounds it. In addition, I was able to work with two different police services by gaining paid co-op placements in my second and fourth year. I was able to learn on the job and it also provided me with a foot in the door which proved beneficial – I was hired with my service of choice even before I had graduated from Georgian.—Dave Edgar, Constable at Barrie Police Services
Georgian’s Orillia Campus is home to our Community Safety and Human Services programs and has close ties to local employers.
Campus buildings total over 136,000 square feet with nearly 45 acres of property, and features a community impact lab, multi-disciplinary lab, use-of-force room and more.
Connect with us
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.