Why Computer Studies at Georgian?
- Start here, go anywhere! Apply your creative and innovative project ideas, build your resumé, and use the practical knowledge you gain in your co-op and field placements
- Small class sizes allow for more one-on-one support and invaluable learning experiences
- Gain the skills you need to impress potential employers when you graduate
- Earn a Computer Science degree and Computer Programming diploma in just four years with our Lakehead-Georgian collaborative degree-diploma program
- Gain hands-on, relevant work experience through paid co-op work terms
- Benefit from our comprehensive curriculum, including a theoretical and applied framework that complements practical skills and knowledge
Diplomas (2 years)
- Computer Programming (Co-op)
- Computer Systems Technician – Networking (Co-op)
- Game – Design and Simulation
- Interactive Media Design – Web (Co-op)
Advanced Diplomas (3 years)
Degrees (4 years)
Graduate Certificates (1 or 2 years)
Not sure about your next career move?
Find the career that’s right for you, and the Georgian program that will take you there.
Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre
Located at the Barrie Campus, the Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre is a three-storey, 56,000-square-foot learning space featuring leading-edge equipment and lab facilities.
The centre features computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and geographic information system (GIS) labs as well as a dedicated telepresence room, anechoic chamber, electrical lab and technical project space.
Studying at Lakehead-Georgian isn’t a typical experience. You get the best of both worlds! Our students will graduate with credentials from both Lakehead University and Georgian College in just four years.
Students in the Honours Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Degree with Computer Programming Diploma program complete the first two years at Georgian’s Barrie Campus, and the final two years at Lakehead’s Orillia Campus. Learn more about the Lakehead-Georgian advantage.
These are some of our employment partners:
- Affordable Computer Techs
- Arcline (2000) Inc.
- Blue North Strategies
- Canadian Tire Corporation
- CFB Borden
- DS1 Design
- Georgian College
- Hydro One
- Ministry of Government Services
- Mosiac Sales Solutions
- Planet Ford
- Simcoe County District School Board
- The Corporation of the County of Simcoe
- The Regional Municipality of York
- Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury
Connect with us
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.