Academic Council (AC) provides academic leadership support by recommending approval of new programs or program changes; ensuring curriculum conforms to requirements; assisting with the direction of academic priorities; and developing and recommending policies, processes and practices to support effective teaching and learning.
Guidelines for Presenters
Academic Council meets monthly during the academic year to approve the following:
- New program curriculum
- Program renewals
- Program changes including:
- Program titles
- Total program hours
- Individual course hours
- Greater than 25 per cent changes to the intent of the learning outcomes
- Course grade mode
- Admission requirements
Meeting dates are scheduled a year in advance.
The guidelines below are provided to assist program areas when presenting programs to AC for approval. To facilitate an efficient presentation at AC proposals must be:
- Submitted through the Curriculum Information Management system (CIM) to the Office of Academic Quality (OAQ) for review a minimum of two weeks prior to the AC meeting date for review. The OAQ will recommend revisions as appropriate.
- Approved by the Dean/Associate Dean.
- Submitted through CIM to the OAQ Office Manager (for distribution to AC members) a minimum of one week prior to the AC meeting date.
Guests/presenters will be in attendance with their Dean/Associate Dean/Director.
All program documentation is housed within the Curriculum Information Management system (CIM), and includes the following:
- Program Outline
- Program mapping
- Program tracking
- Detailed Curriculum Map
- Program Renewal Summary
For assistance, please contact the Office of Academic Quality.