Health and Wellness Clinics
Georgian College community health and wellness clinics help meet local demand for health-care services in Barrie and beyond. Community members benefit from the care provided by students and health-care professionals at a reduced price.
Our clinics are real-world learning environments for our students, providing them practical experience with clients under the guidance of experienced professionals including nurse practitioners, dental hygienists, registered massage therapists and others.
Nurse Practitioner Clinic
Funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Please review our new COVID-19 campus safety protocols.
In an effort to keep clients, students and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made a number of changes in our Health and Wellness Clinics to meet regulatory and public health policies and recommendations. These include:
- Masks are required in the Oral Health Clinic and will be provided.
- Masks are optional but strongly recommended in all other clinics and will be provided to use at your discretion.
- Clients who do not pass screening will need to reschedule their appointment by phone.
- We ask that you bring your own pen to complete any forms at the clinics.
- Do not bring non-essential items.
- We will have only a few chairs for seating in the foyer and there will be no space for other guests to wait. If you require special accommodation regarding seating, please let us know.
- Only the person with the appointment will be allowed into the clinic as well as up to one caregiver, substitute decision maker or legal guardian (this must be arranged ahead of time).
- Some clinics will look very different with plexiglass barriers, plastic room enclosures, etc. in order to practice as safely as possible.
- In most cases, cash will no longer be accepted as a form of payment.
As a client, we ask that you support our clinic philosophy:
Students need time to develop their clinical skills. Missed appointments and last-minute cancellations affect the success of students who are trying to meet their learning requirements. Therefore, we ask that you make the commitment of time and patience.
For more information, review our Client Code of Conduct.
As our students are not yet licensed health-care professionals, many of our clients have been unsuccessful in having their claims reimbursed. We suggest that you contact your insurance provider before booking an appointment to determine your eligibility.
An exceptions to this rule is the Harmonize for Speech, Hearing and Language Clinic. Denturism services do qualify for Ontario Works Claims in some regions including Simcoe County. Please ask for further information when booking an appointment.
In accordance with Health and Safety, food and drinks are not permitted inside the clinics.
In accordance with our privacy regulations and to ensure client confidentiality, the use of cell phones or any type of electronic or recording devices is strictly prohibited inside the clinic space. You are asked to turn off and store all electronic devices while inside the clinic. Stored electronics should be turned off or set on mute in consideration of others.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Georgian OneCard – Available in some clinics
Please note, cash will no longer be accepted due to the COVID-19 pandemic
During to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to suspend our cancellation policy. We ask that out of respect for student learning, you make every effort to attend your appointment unless you are ill. When clients do not come to appointments, the result is that our students do not have the ability to practise their skills and show that they have met their learning outcomes. This puts their ability to be successful in their program at risk.
The Oral Health Clinic policy states that a minimum of 24-hour notice for appointment cancellations is required. Two or more missed appointments or short notice cancellations may result in dismissal from the clinic. We do completely understand and support if you need to miss your appointment due to illness.
Effective May 6, 2019, there will be no smoking on Georgian property. Find out more about a smoke-free Georgian College.
Clinics in the spotlight
Clinic clients receive FREE parking for the summer semester
Park in a Reserved Clinic Client parking space in front of the Sadlon Centre for Health and Wellness, and give your licence plate information to the customer service representative when you register.
If you would like to park in any of the large lots, please make sure that you register for that spot using the Honk Mobile app to avoid a fine.
For general information about parking at the Barrie Campus, please visit our parking page.
New client appointment forms (samples only – do not print)
When you arrive at our clinics as a new client, you will be given forms to complete. Due to COVID-19, we are asking clients to bring their own pens to reduce the risk of virus transmission. Please make sure you bring with you any information you might need to complete these, including a list of any medications you currently take.
Collecting this information allows us to provide you with the most appropriate health care when you visit our clinics, to train and educate future health-care providers and to promote interprofessional practice between all of our Health and Wellness Clinics.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic
Oral Health Care Clinic
Spa and Esthetics Clinic
Harmonize for Speech, Language and Learning Clinic
- Client Code of Conduct
- Aphasia-Friendly Client Code of Conduct
- Consent to audiology treatment form
- Consent to speech-language pathology form
- Aphasia-Friendly Policy Acknowledgement
- Aphasia-friendly intake form
- Audiology adult history form
- Adult speech-language intake form
- Speech-language pathology consent to videotape
Please note: Our Nurse Practitioner Clinic and Hair Studio currently don’t have forms that need to be completed prior to your appointment.
All health clinics are located in the Sadlon Centre for Health, Wellness and Sciences (M building) at the Barrie Campus. The Hair Studio is in our Centre for Engineering Technologies (A building). The clinics are wheelchair accessible.
- Acupuncture Clinic – M148
- Harmonize for Speech, Hearing and Language Clinic – M233
- Occupational Therapy Paediatric Clinic – M234
- Oral Health Clinic – M141
- Spa and Esthetics Clinic – M146
- Massage Clinic – M148
- Hair Studio – A109, Centre for Engineering Technologies