Our clinics are real-world learning environments for our students, providing them practical experience with clients under the guidance of experienced professionals including nurse practitioners, dental hygienists, registered massage therapists and others.
Please review our new COVID-19 campus safety protocols.
In an effort to keep clients, students and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made a number of changes in our Health and Wellness Clinics to meet the most strict regulatory and Public Health policies and recommendations. These include:
- Entry is only at the front doors facing Duckworth St.
- You will be screened before you can enter and asked the most up to date screening questions available from Public Health.
- The fastest way for you to go through this process is to use the mobile device app that you can find for download here: Safe@Georgian.
- Clients who do not pass the screening will need to reschedule their appointment by phone.
- Mandatory college-provided medical masks will be provided upon entry by a campus ambassador at the screening station.
- Medical exemptions from mask wearing may be directed to email@example.com.
- Those exemptions will only apply in the common areas (e.g. the foyer).
- All clients will be subject to specific clinic policies.
- In many clinics, mask exemptions are not possible due to requirements dictated by the provincial regulatory body.
- We ask that you bring your own pen to complete any forms at the clinics.
- Do not bring non-essential items.
- We will have only a few chairs for seating in the foyer and there will be no space for other guests to wait.
- If you require special accommodation regarding this, please let us know.
- Only the person with the appointment will be allowed into the clinic as well as up to one caregiver, substitute decision maker or legal guardian (this must be arranged ahead of time).
- Washrooms will have limits on how many people can be in them at once.
- Some clinics will look very different with plexiglass barriers, plastic room enclosures, etc. in order to practice as safely as possible.
- In most cases, cash will no longer be accepted as a form of payment.
As a client, we ask that you support our clinic philosophy:
Students need time to develop their clinical skills. Missed appointments and last-minute cancellations affect the success of students who are trying to meet their learning requirements. Therefore, we ask that you make the commitment of time and patience.
For more information, review our Client Code of Conduct.
As our students are not yet licensed health-care professionals, many of our clients have been unsuccessful in having their claims reimbursed. We suggest that you contact your insurance provider before booking an appointment to determine your eligibility.
Exceptions to this rule are the Harmonize for Speech, Hearing and Language Clinic and the Optical Clinic. Denturism services do qualify for Ontario Works Claims in some regions including Simcoe County. Please ask for further information when booking an appointment.
In accordance with Health and Safety, food and drinks are not permitted inside the clinics.
In accordance with our privacy regulations and to ensure client confidentiality, the use of cell phones or any type of electronic or recording devices is strictly prohibited inside the clinic space. You are asked to turn off and store all electronic devices while inside the clinic. Stored electronics should be turned off or set on mute in consideration of others.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Georgian OneCard – Available in some clinics
Please note, cash will no longer be accepted due to the COVID-19 pandemic
During to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to suspend our cancellation policy. We ask that out of respect for student learning, you make every effort to attend your appointment unless you are ill. When clients do not come to appointments, the result is that our students do not have the ability to practise their skills and show that they have met their learning outcomes. This puts their ability to be successful in their program at risk.
The Oral Health Clinic policy states that a minimum of 24-hour notice for appointment cancellations is required. Two or more missed appointments or short notice cancellations may result in dismissal from the clinic. We do completely understand and support if you need to miss your appointment due to illness.
Effective May 6, 2019, there will be no smoking on Georgian property. Find out more about a smoke-free Georgian College.
Clinics in the spotlight
Clinic clients receive FREE parking until December 18!
Park in a “Reserved Clinic Client” parking space in front of the Sadlon Centre for Health and give your licence plate information to the customer service representative when you register.
If you would like to park in any of the large lots, please make sure that you register for that spot using the Honk Mobile app to avoid a fine.
For general information about parking at the Barrie Campus, please visit our parking page.
New client appointment forms (samples only – do not print)
When you arrive at our clinics as a new client, you will be given forms to complete. Due to COVID-19, we are asking clients to bring their own pens to reduce the risk of virus transmission. Please make sure you bring with you any information you might need to complete these, including a list of any medications you currently take.
Collecting this information allows us to provide you with the most appropriate health care when you visit our clinics, to train and educate future health-care providers and to promote interprofessional practice between all of our Health and Wellness Clinics.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic
Oral Health Care Clinic
Spa and Esthetics Clinic
Harmonize for Speech, Language and Learning Clinic
- Client Code of Conduct
- Aphasia-Friendly Client Code of Conduct
- Consent to audiology treatment form
- Consent to speech-language pathology form
- Aphasia-Friendly Policy Acknowledgement
- Aphasia-friendly intake form
- Audiology adult history form
- Adult speech-language intake form
- Speech-language pathology consent to videotape
Please note: Our Nurse Practitioner Clinic, Optical Clinic and Hair Studio currently don’t have forms that need to be completed prior to your appointment.
All health clinics are located in the Sadlon Centre for Health, Wellness and Sciences (M building) at the Barrie Campus. The Hair Studio is in our Centre for Engineering Technologies (A building). The clinics are wheelchair accessible.
- Acupuncture Clinic – M148
- Georgian College Optical – M153 (CLOSED)
- Harmonize for Speech, Hearing and Language Clinic – M233
- Occupational Therapy Paediatric Clinic – M234
- Oral Health Clinic – M141
- Spa and Esthetics Clinic – M146
- Massage Clinic – M148
- Hair Studio – A109, Centre for Engineering Technologies