Campus features and video tour
Take a video tour
The Barrie Campus has many features, services and activities to enhance your college experience.
Watch our campus tour video to get a glimpse of what life at the Barrie Campus is like, and learn more about campus features below.
Services and supports
- Get involved with the Georgian College Students’ Association (GCSA)
- Find your books and swag at the Georgian Store
- Start your business with the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre (HBEC)
- Connect at the Wiidookdaading Indigenous Resource Centre
- Visit the library and Academic Success
- Stay in our student residence
- Innovate at the Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre
- Explore Research and Innovation
- Get around with transit options
- Park on campus
Labs and learning spaces
- Learn about the Centre for Changemaking and Social Innovation
- Visit the Health and Wellness Clinics (open to the public)
- Dedicated lab spaces for culinary, electrical engineering, engineering research, golf, nursing, paramedic, precision skills, robotics and woodworking
- Relax in our student lounges
- Georgian Theatre
- Videoconferencing classrooms
Things to do on campus
Get your diploma or degree in Barrie
At Georgian, you’ll have a transformative experience, one that connects you to the skills you need, the people who inspire you, the mindset to succeed, and the confidence to thrive. Browse our academic areas below or take the Career Match quiz to find the path that’s best for you.
In your world, they’re not just cars, they’re your life. And they’re about to become your career. Gain automotive industry experience and build your network.
With relevant courses, work experience and applied learning projects, our programs will help you hit the ground running when you graduate.
Benefit from a rich curriculum in a variety of disciplines that focus on helping you make a positive impact in the community.
Learn hands-on in our classrooms and state-of-the-art labs from experienced IT professionals to prepare for a career in information technology.
The distinction between the roles of colleges and universities is not as clear as it once was. Today we live in a society where applied skills and theoretical knowledge must be integrated. Employers are looking for doers, thinkers, creators and leaders—all in one person.
Find your niche in the world of art and design, or get on the fast-track to a career with specialized training across a broad spectrum of subject areas.
Get hands-on experience and technical knowledge. Our programs include co-op semesters – paid internships and more – to give you an edge in the job market.
Have a degree or a diploma? Not sure how to turn your credential into a career? Georgian’s one-year graduate certificates can help fast-track you into the workplace in just nine to 12 months.
Gain valuable hands-on experience in public health-care clinics, simulation labs and during clinical and field placements with potential employers before you graduate.
Through hands-on learning, exciting field trips, industry-experienced faculty and many work experience opportunities, our programs help you master your skills and prepare for a fast-paced career.
Turn your passion for working with people into a career that makes a real difference in society. Learn from experts and leaders in the field. Start your career upon graduation or explore our pathways and partnerships to continue your education.
Our programs include a blend of contemporary and traditional teaching methods with Indigenous cultural values and perspectives embedded in the curriculum.
Experience the best of both worlds with the ability to get your degree and diploma in just four years.
Gain the knowledge, skills and credentials you need to continue on to a diploma, degree, certificate or job.
There is a shortage of skilled trades workers in Canada, so if you like working with your hands, this is a great time to start.
Not sure what career is right for you?
Use our career assessment tool to help you find the best program for your personality type.
Continuing education in Barrie
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree—all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Looking for credit?
Select from a range of programs, register class-by-class and study on your time. Georgian offers degrees, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and graduate certificates.
Looking to advance your career, meet an industry requirement or learn a new skill? We offer a variety of evening and weekend courses to support your ongoing growth.
Take a course or program online instead as an alternative to in-class. Online courses for a range of subjects are available to part-time and full-time students through OntarioLearn.
Connect with us
About Barrie and Simcoe County
Located in Simcoe County, Barrie is known for its friendly residences and four-season lifestyle. With a gorgeous waterfront on Kempenfelt Bay, nearby trails and ski hills, several shopping malls, a vast assortment of restaurants and great nightlife, there’s plenty to do when you’re not studying.
Simcoe County is located less than an hour north of Toronto and is a four-season destination, filled with unique experiences for everyone.
Noteworthy annual events
- Winterfest (February)
- Barrie Waterfront Festival (May)
- Craft Beer & BBQ Festival (July)
- Kempenfest (July to August)
- Open Air Dunlop (July to September)
- Barrie Dragon Boat Festival (August)
- Hospital: Royal Victoria Health Centre
- Groceries: About 15 major grocery stores across the city, year-round farmers’ market
- Shopping: Three malls, several shopping plazas and a variety of independent retailers
- Beaches, parks, trails and nearby ski hills
- Arenas, sports fields, OHL hockey and IBL baseball teams, fitness centres
- Theatres, concert venues, art galleries
- Huronia Symphony, vibrant downtown, museum, shopping, breweries, clubs and restaurants
Developing a partnership with Georgian College will benefit you, your employees and organization, while making a difference in the lives of students.
- Build your workforce with students or graduates
- Strengthen the skills of future employees
- Connect with university and college-level educated students
Build and grow your business
- Pursue innovation opportunities
- Increase the skills of your workforce
- Stay up-to-date on advancements in the field
Invest in innovation
- Tailored partnerships
- Strategic philanthropy
- Exclusive sponsorships
Use Georgian services
- Host a conference or event
- Access our affordable Health and Wellness Clinics
- Use our fitness centres
Facilities rental in Barrie
Our Barrie Campus offers a variety of meeting and event facilities year-round. Whether you’re planning an intimate gathering for 10 or a 1,000-person conference, dedicated and certified onsite staff will help ensure the success of your event.
Why rent facilities from Georgian?
- Classroom and lecture hall rental fees contribute to the required maintenance and upgrades that the rooms require to stay current and competitive.
- Catering from The Georgian Dining Room or The Last Class provides our students not only jobs in the present, but jobs in the future, giving them the experience they need to excel in the culinary and hospitality industries.
- Rentals of our Athletics and Fitness Centre and The Last Class go directly to the Georgian College Students’ Association (GCSA), and therefore towards student clubs and services, study space and GCSA offices, scholarships and Ashoka Changemaker social initiatives.
Get in touch with the Barrie Campus
One Georgian Dr.