Why Georgian Residences?
About Barrie Residence
The residence houses 524 students in an eight-storey building overlooking the campus to the west and Little Lake to the north. Most residence suites accommodate two students with each student having a private bedroom. All doors in the residence, including bedroom doors, are controlled by electronic key card access to assist in the safety and security of our residents.
The Georgian College Barrie residence is professionally operated and managed by Campus Living Centres.
The advantages of Barrie Campus Residence
- Your suite comes fully furnished with a double bed, desk and dresser. Each bedroom also features high speed and wireless internet access, and telephone with free local calls.
- The residence is equipped with a laundry facility, common kitchen, common lounges (with varying amenities in each), and a front desk that is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Avoid a 12- month lease and pay only for the academic year (eight months).
- Live on campus and enjoy all college amenities (computer labs, library, cafeterias, etc.) – you are only steps away.
- You don’t have to worry about roommates who do not pay their bills.
- Take part in the events hosted by your resident advisor (RA) and Residence Student Council or get involved as an RA or Residence Student Council team member yourself.
- Participate in the many clubs and committees on campus.
- Enjoy the comforts the residence provides with secure building access (swipe cards), 24-hour front desk and video surveillance in various areas of the building.
Services and fees
Your residence fees provide you with a comprehensive accommodation package. You don’t have to worry about all the extras so you can focus your energy on your studies.
When you live in residence, your fees cover your accommodation costs, internet, local phone service, all utilities, furnishings, appliances, etc. The only other costs would be if you required parking or if you decided to purchase a meal plan.
- Campus food services and meal plans are available through Georgian College ONEcard.
- The residence has dedicated parking on campus located right next to the residence and is available for an additional cost. No parking is allowed in the campus lots overnight with the exception of the residence parking lot. Residents may purchase a parking pass from the Georgian College Parking office.
$2,600 due April 15, 2022
$650 due April 15, 2022
$650 due May 15, 2022
$650 due June 15, 2022
$650 due July 15, 2022
Option 1 (save $125)
$7,530 due June 17, 2022
$4,855 due June 17, 2022
$2,800 due Oct. 7, 2022
$2,500 due June 17, 2022
$3,500 due Oct. 7, 2022
$1,730 due Jan. 20, 2023
$3,765 due Nov. 11, 2022
Note: If you are unable to meet the payment options set out in your acceptance email, please contact [email protected] to set up a payment plan.
Important dates and documents
March 1, 2022 – Summer acceptance emails distributed
April 15, 2022 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 1 and 2)
April 15, 2022 – Deadline to cancel summer application without financial penalty
May 8, 2022 – Summer move-in day
May 15, 2022 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 2)
June 15, 2022 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 2)
July 15, 2022 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 2)
Aug. 20, 2022 – Summer move-out
Early April 2022 – Acceptance emails distributed
June 17, 2022 – Residence fee deadline (option 1, 2 and 3)
June 17, 2022 – Deadline to cancel fall/winter application without financial penalty
Aug. 30 to Sept. 3, 2022 – Official move-in days
Oct. 7, 2022 – Fall/winter residence fee deadline (option 3)
Early November 2022 – Winter acceptance emails distributed
Nov. 11, 2022 – Winter residence fee deadline (option 1)
Dec. 1, 2022 – Deadline to cancel fall/winter application without financial penalty
Jan. 8, 2023 – Residence re-opens for second semester
Jan. 20, 2023 – Winter residence fee deadline (fall/winter option 3)
April 22, 2023 – Move-out day
- Oversized double bed
- Bedframe storage
- Nightstand with lamp
- Desk and work area with chair
- Free local calls
- Three-drawer dresser
- Closet organizer
- Full-size refrigerator
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Preparation area complete with sink and storage area
- Stand-up shower
Georgian College Residence – Barrie
101 Georgian Drive
Barrie, ON L4M 6Z5
Email: [email protected]
Stay connected with what is going on in residence through our social media, monthly newsletters and much more.