Why Georgian Residences?
The residence houses 524 students in an eight-storey building overlooking the campus to the west and Little Lake to the north. Most residence suites accommodate two students (except three three-bedroom suites) with each student having a private bedroom. All doors in the residence, including bedroom doors, are controlled by electronic key card access to assist in the safety and security of our residents.
The Georgian College Barrie residence is professionally operated and managed by Campus Living Centres.
The advantages of Barrie Campus Residence
- Your suite comes fully furnished and features high speed wired internet access, TV with satellite television and telephone with free local calls.
- The residence is equipped with a laundry facility, common kitchen, common lounges (with varying amenities in each), and a front desk that is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Avoid a 12- month lease and pay only for the academic year (eight months).
- Live on campus and enjoy all college amenities (computer labs, library, cafeterias, etc.) – you are only steps away.
- You don’t have to worry about roommates who do not pay their bills.
- Take part in the events hosted by your resident advisor (RA) and Residence Student Council or get involved as an RA or Residence Student Council team member yourself.
- Participate in the many clubs and committees on campus.
- Enjoy the comforts the residence provides with secure building access (swipe cards), 24-hour front desk and video surveillance in various areas of the building.
Services & Fees
Your residence fees provide you with a comprehensive accommodation package. You don’t have to worry about all the extras so you can focus your energy on your studies.
Your residence fees provide you with a comprehensive accommodation package. You don’t have to worry about all the extras so you can focus your energies on your studies. When you live in residence, your fees cover your accommodation costs, internet, local phone service, all utilities, furnishings, appliances, etc. The only other costs would be if you required parking or if you decided to purchase a meal plan.
The residence has dedicated parking on campus located right next to the residence and is available for an additional cost. No parking is allowed in the campus lots overnight with the exception of the residence parking lot. Residents may purchase a parking pass from the Georgian College Parking office.
$2,600 due April 15, 2018
$650 due April 15, 2018
$650 due May 15, 2018
$650 due June 15, 2018
$650 due July 15, 2018
Option 1 (save $125)
$7,150 due July 1, 2018
$1,915 due July 1, 2018
$2,680 due Oct. 15, 2018
$2,680 due Jan. 15, 2019
Important Dates & Documents
March 1 – Summer acceptance emails distributed
April 15 – Summer residence fee deadline
April 15 – Deadline to cancel summer application without financial penalty
May 6 – Summer move-in day
May 8 – Summer room inspection deadline
April 6 – Acceptance emails distributed
July 1 – Residence fee deadline (Option 1 and 2)
Aug. 1 – Deadline to cancel fall/winter application without financial penalty
Aug. 27 to Sept. 1 – Early move-in days
Sept. 2 – Official move-in day
Sept. 4 – Room inspection deadline
Oct. 15 – Residence fee deadline (Option 2)
Dec. 1 – Winter break extension form due
Dec. 15 – Residence closed for holidays
Dec. 16 to Jan. 5 – Holiday room inspections
Nov. 2 – Winter acceptance emails distributed
Dec. 1 – Winter residence fee deadline
Dec. 1 – Deadline to cancel fall/winter application without financial penalty
Jan. 6 – Residence re-opens for second semester
Jan. 8 – Winter inspection form deadline (new students only)
Jan. 15 – Residence fee deadline (Option 2)
Jan. 31 – Resident advisor application deadline
early February – Applications available for academic year 2019-20
March 1 – Move-out form distributed
March 31 – Move-out form due
April 20 – Move-out day
- Oversized double bed
- Bedframe storage
- Nightstand with lamp
- Desk and work area with chair
- Satellite television
- Free local calls
- Three-drawer dresser
- Closet organizer
- Full-size refrigerator
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Preparation area complete with sink and storage area
- Stand-up shower