Why Georgian Residences?
About Barrie Residence
The residence houses 524 students in an eight-storey building overlooking the campus to the west and Little Lake to the north. Most residence suites accommodate two students with each student having a private bedroom. All doors in the residence, including bedroom doors, are controlled by electronic key card access to assist in the safety and security of our residents.
The Georgian College Barrie residence is professionally operated and managed by Campus Living Centres.
The advantages of Barrie Campus Residence
- Your suite comes fully furnished with a double bed, desk and dresser. Each bedroom also features high speed and wireless internet access, and telephone with free local calls.
- The residence is equipped with a laundry facility, common kitchen, common lounges (with varying amenities in each), and a front desk that is staffed 24 hours a day.
- Avoid a 12- month lease and pay only for the academic year (eight months).
- Live on campus and enjoy all college amenities (computer labs, library, cafeterias, etc.) – you are only steps away.
- You don’t have to worry about roommates who do not pay their bills.
- Take part in the events hosted by your resident advisor (RA) and Residence Student Council or get involved as an RA or Residence Student Council team member yourself.
- Participate in the many clubs and committees on campus.
- Enjoy the comforts the residence provides with secure building access (swipe cards), 24-hour front desk and video surveillance in various areas of the building.
Living in residence during COVID-19
Georgian’s Barrie Campus Residence is ready to support your learning experience.
Whether your classes will be delivered online, in person or combination of both, we are ready to welcome you to residence. In accordance with provincial guidelines, we have adapted our cleaning measures and implemented physical distancing protocols in residence to protect our students and staff.
Where you live during your first year of college can have a direct impact on your academic success, making on-campus housing a great choice – especially for those who do not live in Barrie or the surrounding area. Living in residence has many benefits, including access to additional supports to facilitate your transition from high school to college.
Additionally, residence is also a convenient option for students who may not have previously considered living on campus prior to COVID-19. If your program includes an in-person component, living on campus is a great way to eliminate or reduce your daily commute.
Following public health directives, we have adapted residence policies and procedures to proactively protect our residents and staff.
- Deadlines: offering maximum flexibility on residence applications and payment options
- Front desk: minimizing physical interactions
- Housekeeping: increased cleaning of high traffic touch points
- Non-essential spaces: reviewing access to lounges, laundry rooms and more
- WiFi: included throughout the residence, we offer the bandwidth and speed you require for virtual learning
Social community and student support
During these times of physical distancing and self-isolation, living in residence offers an incredible opportunity to connect with fellow Georgian students. Our Residence Life team is ready to adapt our community model as restrictions continue to be eased to support and encourage your academic and social success.
Traditional residence events such as move-in and orientation will be adjusted to accommodate physical distancing guidelines. We are developing new and innovative programs aimed at engaging students and building community, either in smaller groups or delivered through online platforms.
Our Residence Life team will also be collaborating with Student Services to promote and support the delivery of virtual counselling services.
NOTE: Students who plan to live in on-campus residence this fall will now be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information, read our FAQs for living in residence during COVID-19.
Services and fees
Your residence fees provide you with a comprehensive accommodation package. You don’t have to worry about all the extras so you can focus your energy on your studies.
When you live in residence, your fees cover your accommodation costs, internet, local phone service, all utilities, furnishings, appliances, etc. The only other costs would be if you required parking or if you decided to purchase a meal plan.
- Campus food services and meal plans are available through Georgian College ONEcard.
- The residence has dedicated parking on campus located right next to the residence and is available for an additional cost. No parking is allowed in the campus lots overnight with the exception of the residence parking lot. Residents may purchase a parking pass from the Georgian College Parking office.
$2,600 due April 15, 2021
$650 due April 15, 2021
$650 due May 15, 2021
$650 due June 15, 2021
$650 due July 15, 2021
Option 1 (save $125)
$7,440 due June 18, 2021
$4,855 due June 18, 2021
$2,710 due Nov. 12, 2021
$2,500 due June 18, 2021
$3,500 due Oct. 8, 2021
$1,640 due Jan. 21, 2022
$3,720 due Nov. 12, 2021
Note: If you are unable to meet the payment options set out in your acceptance email, please contact [email protected] to set up a payment plan.
Important dates and documents
March 1, 2021 – Summer acceptance emails distributed
April 15, 2021 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 1 and 2)
April 15, 2021 – Deadline to cancel summer application without financial penalty
May 9, 2021 – Summer move-in day
May 15, 2021 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 2)
June 15, 2021 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 2)
July 15, 2021 – Summer residence fee deadline (option 2)
Aug. 21, 2021 – Summer move-out
Early April 2021 – Acceptance emails distributed
June 18, 2021 – Residence fee deadline (option 1, 2 and 3)
June 18, 2021 – Deadline to cancel fall/winter application without financial penalty
Sept. 2 to 5, 2021 – Official move-in day
Oct. 8, 2021 – Fall/winter residence fee deadline (option 3)
Nov. 12, 2021 – Fall/winter residence fee deadline (option 2)
Early November 2021 – Winter acceptance emails distributed
Nov. 12, 2021 – Winter residence fee deadline (option 1)
Dec. 1, 2021 – Deadline to cancel fall/winter application without financial penalty
Jan. 9, 2022 – Residence re-opens for second semester
Jan. 21, 2022 – Winter residence fee deadline (fall/winter option 3)
April 23, 2022 – Move-out day
- Oversized double bed
- Bedframe storage
- Nightstand with lamp
- Desk and work area with chair
- Free local calls
- Three-drawer dresser
- Closet organizer
- Full-size refrigerator
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Preparation area complete with sink and storage area
- Stand-up shower
Georgian College Residence – Barrie
101 Georgian Drive
Barrie, ON L4M 6Z5
Email: [email protected]
Stay connected with what is going on in residence through our social media, monthly newsletters and much more.