Why Georgian Residences?
About Owen Sound Residence
The residence houses 61 students in townhouse-style buildings. Most residence suites accommodate four students with each student having a private bedroom. All doors in the residence, including bedroom doors, are controlled entry to assist in the safety and security of our residents.
The Georgian College Owen Sound residence is professionally operated and managed by Campus Living Centres.
The advantages of Owen Sound Campus Residence
- Each residence unit is equipped with laundry, common kitchen, living area, and on-call staff 24 hours a day.
- Live on campus and enjoy all college amenities (computer labs, library, cafeterias, etc.) – you are only steps away.
- Take part in the events hosted by your resident advisor (RA) and Residence Student Council or get involved as an RA or Residence Student Council team member yourself.
- Participate in the many clubs and committees on campus.
- Enjoy the comforts the residence provides with secure building access (keyed entry), 24-hour on call staff and video surveillance in various areas outside the building.
Services and fees
Your residence fees provide you with a comprehensive accommodation package. You don’t have to worry about all the extras so you can focus your energy on your studies.
When you live in residence, your fees cover your accommodation costs, all utilities, furnishings, appliances, etc. The only other costs would be your preferred internet services, a parking pass, or a meal plan if you decide to purchase one.
The residence has dedicated parking on campus located right next to the residence and is available for an additional cost. No parking is allowed in the campus lots overnight with the exception of the residence parking lot. Residents may purchase a parking pass from the Georgian College Residence.
Campus food services and meal plans are available through Georgian College ONEcard.
$7,585 due May 21, 2021
$4,810 due May 21, 2021
$2,925 due Oct. 8, 2021
$1,850 due May 21, 2021
$1,650 due July 30, 2021
$3,230 due Oct. 8, 2021
$1,055 due Jan. 21, 2022
Note: If you are unable to meet the payment options set out in your acceptance email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a payment plan.
Important dates and documents
Early April 2021 – Acceptance emails distributed
May 21, 2021 – Residence fee deadline (option 1, 2 and 3)
May 21, 2021 – Deadline to cancel fall/winter application without financial penalty
July 30, 2021 – Residence fee deadline (option 3)
Sept. 4, 2021 – Official move-in day
Oct. 8, 2021 – Residence fee deadline (option 2 and 3)
Dec. 19, 2021 to Jan. 9, 2022 – Holiday room inspections
Jan. 21, 2022 – Residence fee deadline (option 3)
Early February 2022 – Applications available for academic year 2022-23
Aug. 21, 2022 – Move-out day
- Full-size refrigerator
- Preparation area complete with sink and storage area
Bedroom and bath
- Oversized double bed
- Desk and work area with chair
- Three-drawer dresser
- Shower, toilet and sink
Take a virtual tour
Georgian College Residence
101 Georgian Drive
Barrie, ON L4M 6Z5
Stay connected with what is going on in residence through our social media, monthly newsletters and much more.