Why Georgian Residences?
The residence houses 192 students in three 4-storey buildings overlooking the campus. Most residence suites accommodate four students with each student having a private bedroom. All doors in the residence, including bedroom doors, are controlled entry to assist in the safety and security of our residents.
The Georgian College Orillia residence is professionally operated and managed by Campus Living Centres.
The advantages of Orillia Campus Residence
- Each residence unit is equipped with laundry, common kitchen, living area, and on call staff 24 hours a day.
- Live on campus and enjoy all college amenities (computer labs, library, cafeterias, etc.) – you are only steps away.
- Take part in the events hosted by your resident advisor (RA) and Residence Student Council or get involved as an RA or Residence Student Council team member yourself.
- Participate in the many clubs and committees on campus.
- Enjoy the comforts the residence provides with secure building access (Keyed Entry), 24-hour on call staff and video surveillance in various areas of the building.
Services & Fees
Your residence fees provide you with a comprehensive accommodation package. You don’t have to worry about all the extras so you can focus your energy on your studies.
When you live in residence, your fees cover your accommodation costs, all utilities, furnishings, appliances, etc. The only other costs would be if you required parking or if you decided to purchase a meal plan.
The residence has dedicated parking on campus located right next to the residence and is available for an additional cost. No parking is allowed in the campus lots overnight with the exception of the residence parking lot. Residents may purchase a parking pass from the Georgian College Residence.
Academic Term 2020-21
$7,905 due May 22, 2020
$4,950 due May 22, 2020
$3,150 due Oct. 16, 2020
$1,850 due May 22, 2020
$1,650 due July 31, 2020
$3,105 due Oct. 16, 2020
$1,500 due Jan. 22, 2021
Important Dates & Documents
April 5 – Acceptance emails distributed
May 22 – Residence fee deadline
July 31- Residence fee deadline (Option 3)
Sept. 5 – Official move-in day
Sept. 8 – Room inspection deadline
Dec. 17 to Jan. 2 – Holiday room inspections
Jan. 22 – Residence fee deadline (Option 3)
Jan. 31 – Resident advisor application deadline
Early Feb. – Applications available for academic year 2021-2022
Jul. 1 – Move-out form distributed
Jul. 31 – Move-out form due
Aug. 14 – Move-out day
- Full-size refrigerator
- Preparation area complete with sink and storage area
Bedroom & Bath
- Oversized double bed
- Desk and work area with chair
- Three-drawer dresser