In this program, students focus on networking, operating systems, system administration, virtualization, and security related to new computer networks and the maintenance of existing computer networks. As an official Cisco Networking Academy partner, certified instructors assist students preparing for industry recognized certifications such as the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching. Students gain experience in problem solving, and effective oral and written communications through examination of current industry trends and requirements. Students acquire professional and entrepreneurial skills for industry and self-employment, as well as real life experience through participation in co-op work terms.
Tuition and fees
- Visit our tuition and fees page for detailed information on the cost to attend Georgian.
- Review additional program-specific fees for this program.
- You can afford this! Explore OSAP as well as awards, scholarships and bursaries to help you pay your way to graduation.
Work integrated learning
This program includes a co-op work term component where you will gain practical, on-the-job experience in your field.
What are the admission requirements for the Computer Systems Technician – Networking program?
Computer Systems Technician – Networking admission requirements
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/academic-regulations/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit Transfer Centre website for details:
To be successful in this program, students are required to have a personal notebook computer (either PC or Mac architecture) prior to the start of the program that meets or exceeds the following hardware specifications:
- Intel i5 processor or AMD equivalent
- 12GB of memory (16 GB recommended)
- 250GB hard drive (SSD recommended)
Additional operating systems, tools, and software used in the program are provided to the student upon commencement of the program.
What career paths can I take in computer networking?
Your Computer Systems Technician – Networking diploma gives you many career opportunities
Graduates can choose to work independently or as a member of a team to support the development, implementation, and maintenance of computer systems and networks. Graduates with networking interests/skills generally can find employment as data communications and network technical support specialists or network administrators. Graduates with hardware interests/skills generally can find employment as computer operations specialists in many types of businesses and government.
Flex MORE. Study Computer Systems Technician – Networking part-time
Benefits of studying part-time:
- Register on a course-by-course basis, paying as you go
- Online and evening courses that fit your schedule
- MORE choices. We are always adding more flexible delivery programs and courses.
What courses are included in the Computer Systems Technician – Networking diploma program?
18 Program Courses
2 Communications Courses
1 Program Option Course
3 General Education Courses
2 Co-op Work Terms
Semester 1 courses are listed below. For a full list of courses in the program including course descriptions, view the Computer Systems Technician – Networking program outline.
- COMP 1035 – Networking Essentials
- COMP 1046 – Windows System Administration
- COMP 2018 – Linux System Administration
- MATH 1003 – Math for the Computer Industry
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration.
- Select 1 course from the general education list during registration.
Do you have questions about Computer Systems Technician – Networking? Contact us!
Thinking about applying to Georgian?
Contact our student recruitment team to explore your study options.
Already applied to Georgian?
Connect with the Office of the Registrar for admissions-related questions.
Are you an international student?
Contact our international recruitment team to learn more about studying at Georgian.
- 705.728.1968, ext. 1218