Turn your passion for cars into a career
Automotive Business Ontario College Diploma, Co-op program
Accelerate your business education in the automotive industry. Unique co-op and networking opportunities. Excellent grad employment rates.
In this program, students are prepared for professional and essential support positions in the automotive industry by providing general business and specialized automotive education. Through eight months of co-op work experience and opportunities to network with industry professionals, students explore the automotive industry and learn from industry experts. Upon completion of the program students have the skills, knowledge, and experience to build a career across a broad range of sectors in the automotive industry.
Tuition and fees
- Visit our tuition and fees page for detailed information on the cost to attend Georgian.
- Review additional program-specific fees for this program.
- You can afford this! Explore OSAP as well as awards, scholarships and bursaries to help you pay your way to graduation.
This program includes a co-op work term component where you will gain practical, on-the-job experience in your field.
What are the admission requirements for the Automotive Business program?
Automotive Business admission requirements
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- any Grade 111 or 12 Mathematics (C, M, or U)
Minimum of 60% in Grade 11 College or University level Mathematics (MBF3C or MCF3M)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/academic-regulations/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit for Prior Learning website for details:
What career paths can I take in automotive business?
Your Automotive Business diploma gives you many career opportunities
The automotive industry is one of the largest industries in Canada and globally, consisting of a variety of sectors: retail (dealerships), manufacturing, distribution, aftermarket, finance, marketing, and media. This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level to mid-level management business positions throughout all sectors of the automotive industry in Canada. Graduates have applied for careers in a variety of business-related professions, in areas such as marketing, sales, operations, customer service, finance, and accounting.
Turn your Automotive Business diploma into a degree
Continue your studies
Upon graduating from the Automotive Business diploma program, further your studies with a pathway into the Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (Automotive Management) degree program.
For more information or to explore your study options, please email ABSC@georgiancollege.ca or call 705.728.1968, ext. 1234.
Why study Automotive Business at Georgian?
- Become a future leader in the automotive industry with an employment rate of over 90 per cent
- Start your automotive career with endless opportunities in dealership operations, vehicle manufacturers, aftermarket and more
- Gain automotive industry experience and build your network with up to 12 months of paid co-op work terms
- $150,000 in scholarships and awards offered every year
- Attend automotive industry conferences, networking events, class trips and hear from industry-leading guest speakers
- Experiential learning at its best: Take part in the Georgian College Auto Show, our student-run, outdoor learning lab that allows our students to get hands-on experience with major manufacturers and the public
Flex MORE. Study Automotive Business online part-time
Benefits of studying part-time:
What you need to know:
What courses are included in the Automotive Business diploma program?
17 Program Courses
2 Communications Courses
2 Program Option Courses
3 General Education Courses
2 Co-op Work Terms
Semester 1 courses are listed below. For a full list of courses in the program including course descriptions, view the Automotive Business program outline.
- ACCT 1000 – Financial Accounting Principles 1
- AUTO 1000 – Concepts of the Automotive Industry
- AUTO 1001 – Introduction to Automotive Technology
- BUSI 1001 – Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- MKTG 1000 – Introduction to Marketing
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration.
Your course delivery method(s)
This program is delivered fully in person and requires you to attend campus.
Please note, delivery methods are based on planning for the upcoming semester and are subject to change.
Check out our other related programs
Do you have questions about Automotive Business? Contact us!
Thinking about applying to Georgian?
Contact the Automotive Business School of Canada to explore your study options.
Already applied to Georgian?
Connect with the Office of the Registrar for admissions-related questions.
Are you an international student?
Contact our international recruitment team to learn more about studying at Georgian.
Ways to connect
Join us in person from April 24 to 29
for Campus Experience Week!
RSVP to attend
Take a guided, in-person tour
of our campuses.
Book a campus tour
Book a phone appointment
with a recruitment specialist.
Connect with a recruiter
Join our email list for event updates, contest information and more.
Sign up for Georgian updates