|Fall 2018||Owen Sound, Barrie|
Feed your dreams! This one year program trains students to work in professional kitchens regionally, nationally, and internationally. Students learn fundamental food knowledge and develop skills of food preparation and presentation that prepares them for lifelong career success with strong industry connections. Students practice professionalism, culinary and management skills, safety and sanitation, nutrition, product knowledge and identification while applying their skills in a hands on learning environment. This program provides the in school portion of the cook apprenticeship program of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
View the Culinary Skills articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- FOSR1015 Basic Nutrition and Food Safety Training
- FOSR1016 Basic Cooking Techniques and Product Knowledge
- FOSR1017 Basic Foodservice Cooking
- FOSR1018 Basic Baking and Pastry Skills
- FOSR1019 Basic Kitchen Management and the Professional Chef
- FOSR1020 Advanced Nutrition and Food for Health
- FOSR1021 Advanced Cooking Techniques and Product Knowledge
- FOSR1022 Advanced Foodservice Cooking
- FOSR1023 Advanced Baking and Pastry Skills
- FOSR1024 Advanced Kitchen Management and the Profitable Chef