|Fall 2018||South Georgian Bay, Owen Sound, Orangeville, Muskoka, Barrie|
This program is designed to prepare students for success in their pursuit of a career in the field of health sciences. Students are afforded opportunities to explore various health science careers while fostering the professional attitudes and the solid knowledge and skill base required for entry into those careers. Studies encourage personal, professional and career awareness, study skills to support student academic success, and the essential employability skills required in the today’s workforce. Course offerings emphasize communications, biology, anatomy\physiology, mathematics, physics, general, organic and biochemistry, safe laboratory practice, medical terminology, interprofessional practice, and cultural competencies, including indigenization. The application of these skills to health sciences and related science disciplines is integrated thoughout the entire program.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Applicants must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to this program:
- OSS Curriculum: OSSD or equivalent with Grade 12 English (Applied) or (Academic) (ENG4C, ENG4U)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with: Communications
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- Mature applicant with standing in the required courses and/or mature student testing that meets the minimum standards for admission
It is also recommended, though not necessary, for students to have: any Grade 12
College Mathematics (MAP4C or MCT4C), any Grade 11 (Academic) or Grade 12 (Applied or Academic) Chemistry (SCH3U, SCH4U, SCH4C), or any Grade 11 (Academic) or Grade 12 (Academic), (Applied) Physics (SPH3U, SPH4C, SPH4U).
Applicants who are 19 years of age or over by the first day of classes, and who lack the academic entrance qualifications, may be considered for entrance to an appropriate post-secondary diploma or certificate program as mature applicants. Each applicant will be considered on an individual basis and acceptance will be determined by counseling, Communication Placement Assessment (CPA), previous post-secondary education and evaluation of experience. Some programs also have specific prerequisite requirements that must be met prior to admission. Mature applicants must meet all program specific prerequisites. Those applying as mature students and having no documentation of Grade 12 education must supply, if required, proof of age, such as a copy of an official birth certificate or driver's licence. Refer to Section 2.5 and 2.6 of the Academic Calendar for further details.
View the Pre-Health Pathway Diploma-Deg articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- BIOL1021 Biology for Health and Sciences 1
- BIOL1022 Biology for Health and Sciences 2
- CHEM1008 Chemistry for Health and Sciences 1
- CHEM1009 Chemistry for Health and Sciences 2
- HUMN1000 Critical Thinking
- MATH1030 Math for Health and Sciences 1
- MATH1031 Math for Health and Sciences 2
- PHYS1006 Physics for Health and Sciences
- HLTH1007 Foundations for Success in Health Sciences