Accurate, consistent, and timely information is required well in advance of a renewed program launch in order to attract students to the college through high school visits, college open houses, employers, the college viewbook, Georgian’s website, and promotion on the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) website. The information is also necessary for the college to:
- establish tuition and program ancillary fees
- register students
- schedule classes and assign space
- enable students to plan their educational paths to graduation
- allow students to select their courses by semester
- determine graduation eligibility
Upon Academic Council approval, the following occurs:
- Immediately: the Office of Academic Quality (OAQ) notifies the Office of the Registrar; the Dean/Associate Dean, Program Renewal Faculty Lead, Program Assistant, and Academic Officer of the relevant academic area; Finance; Marketing; and Co-op (if relevant) via the Curriculum Information Management system (CIM).
- June: OAQ submits the program information to Marketing for inclusion in the college viewbook.
- September: the Office of the Registrar provides the information to the OCAS for promotion on its website: ontariocolleges.ca.
- September of the following year: The revised curriculum is launched (e.g. a revised program loaded into OCAS in September of 2019 will offer the new curriculum September 2020)