Brown Bag Lunch and Learn Series
Oct. 31, 2019 | noon to 1 p.m. | Barrie Campus – room C259, OR-A101 or via Zoom
Georgian’s Research and Innovation department invites you to learn about the exciting research and scholarship activities that your colleagues are doing!
Topic: Sustainability – Global Challenges and Opportunities
Presenter: Ron Sky, BA, BESc, BEd, MESc, P.Eng, Professor, Engineering Technology and Environmental Studies
Description: Based on his many years involved in renewable energy projects and his recent travels around the world looking at environmental issues and sustainable solutions, Ron Sky presents a global look at the challenges and opportunities in creating a sustainable future for life on planet earth.
Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Entrepreneurship (RISE) Day
Stay tuned for details: April 2020
- Get a taste of what research activity looks like in a broad range of fields
- See how Georgian students are changing our community — and the world
- Be inspired by Big Ideas talks on topics of all kinds
- Participate in cool demos and discover how technology is changing the future
- Get lost in a book nook and hear from published Georgian authors
- Buy and sample from local entrepreneurs while browsing the marketplace
- Hear from an inspiring keynote speaker(s)
- Tinker and create with our makers
- Win some great prizes
Research and Innovation connects industry and community partners with faculty and student researchers to help clear business and/or technology hurdles and better understand their target markets. For general inquiries, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 705.728.1968, ext. 1149
Research and Innovation works with industry and community partners on projects at any stage of the research and development continuum, from early concept development through to final testing and validation.