Research, Innovation, Scholarship and Entrepreneurship (RISE) Series
RISE Series is a celebration of the research, innovation, scholarship and entrepreneurship taking place at Georgian College.
The RISE Symposium is a series of virtual events that includes engaging guest speakers from around the world, live sessions that will make you think critically, and research showcases that will demonstrate the innovation happening across the college.
Join us to:
- see how students are changing the world
- connect with inspiring guest speakers
- explore the 3D click and shop marketplace
- participate in engaging workshops
- view the Innov8 Awards submissions presented by student teams
- be part of creativity and collaboration without borders
- and much more!
The Innov8 Awards will recognize excellence in research, innovation and changemaking ideas presented by students or student teams at the RISE Symposium. There will be $150 prizes for the winners! The RISE Summit is a half-day professional development event offered in June. It’s open to all Georgian employees and is designed to spark new big ideas and conversations.
We invite you to register to attend or showcase your project. Please register for one option only.
See you at RISE Series!
Lunch and Learn Series
At the Research, Scholarship and Innovation Lunch and Learn Series, you will learn about the research and changemaking projects that our Georgian colleagues are working on.
Join us to be a part of these conversations!
Interested in joining one of our events?
Head over to our Eventbrite to register for upcoming events.
Brown Bag Lunch and Learn Series – HIDDEN SECTION
Sept. 27, 2018 | noon to 1 p.m. | Barrie Campus – room C259
Have you ever wondered if what you hear, read, watch in the news about a true crime is accurate? In this session, author and liberal arts professor, Anita Arvast, walked us through a few murder trials and discussed the portrayals of men convicted of murder and some of the reasons why we don’t get “the full story” when crimes and trials are reported.
This session was made available via Skype and by videoconferencing at the Orillia Campus.
Research, Innovation and Scholarship Day – HIDDEN SECTION
Thursday, April 12, 2018 | 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | Georgian College Barrie Campus
At this event, students, faculty and staff shared the research, published books and papers, major projects, innovative ideas and inventions they are working on.
- presentations by students, staff, faculty and community partners
- book readings in a book nook designed by our very own students
- technology demonstrations
- keynote speakers – Rod Muir, Ashley Wallis and Meghan Attwater
- Innov8 Showcase
- Jewellery Expo and the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre Marketplace
The department of Research and Innovation connects industry and community partners with faculty and student researchers to help clear business and/or technology hurdles and better understand their target markets. For general inquiries, please contact us:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 705.728.1968, ext. 1123
- Location: Barrie Campus, N201
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Research and Innovation works with industry and community partners on projects at any stage of the research and development continuum, from early concept development through to final testing and validation.
Ready to begin?
The first step to working with Research and Innovation is to fill out a Project Request Form and share the details of your proposed research.