Research, Innovation and Scholarship Day
Be inspired by examples of student, faculty and staff projects. Learn about the research, published books and papers, major projects, innovative ideas and inventions that are happening at Georgian.
Expect to be impressed by:
- Presentations by students, staff, faculty and community partners
- Book readings in a book nook designed by our very own students!
- Technology demonstrations
- Keynote Speakers – Rod Muir, Ashley Wallis and Meghan Attwater
- Innov8 Showcase
- Jewelery Expo and the Henry Bernick Entrepreneurship Centre Marketplace
2 p.m. – Showcase opens
2 to 3:30 p.m. – Milkweed Workshop – A222
2 to 3:30 p.m. – Oral Presentations – A215 and A219
3:45 to 4 p.m. – Welcome Address by President and CEO MaryLynn West-Moynes and VP International, Workforce Development and Partnerships Kevin Weaver
4 to 5:15 p.m. – April Earth Month Presentations
Rod Muir, Waste Diversion Campaigner, Sierra Club Canada
Ashley Wallis, Program Manager Water, Environmental Defence
Meghan Attwater, Co-founder, RIPE
5:15 to 6:30 p.m. – Judging of the Innov8 showcase!
5:30 to 6:30 p.m. – Oral Presentations – A222, A215 and A219
6:30 p.m. – Closing Remarks