About the Series
RISE Series is a celebration of research, innovation, scholarship and entrepreneurship at Georgian and in our community. At RISE, you can meet industry leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs and forward thinkers that will help you unlock and create new opportunities.
The Series is divided into two parts:
- RISE Symposium: An annual two-day, college-wide event that runs in April and is open to anyone. It includes the Innov8 Awards that recognize excellence in research, innovation and changemaking ideas presented by students or student teams. There will be prizes for the winners!
- RISE Summit: A half-day professional development event offered in June. It’s open to all Georgian employees and designed to spark new ideas and conversations.
The symposium includes:
- engaging guest speakers from around the world
- live sessions that will make you think critically
- research showcases that demonstrate innovation happening at Georgian
- scholarship showcases for faculty and staff to share their work
- the second annual Innov8 Awards student and alumni competition
The summit includes:
- 15-minute Big Ideas Talks
- opportunities to network and share best practices
How to participate
Register to attend
Register to attend and make meaningful connections that will spark conversations with national and international industry leaders and community members. The first 100 registrants will receive a complimentary RISE Toolkit box that will enhance your event experience.
The department of Research and Innovation connects industry and community partners with faculty and student researchers to help clear business and/or technology hurdles and better understand their target markets. For general inquiries, please contact us:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 705.728.1968, ext. 1123
- Location: Barrie Campus, N201
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Research and Innovation works with industry and community partners on projects at any stage of the research and development continuum, from early concept development through to final testing and validation.
Ready to begin?
The first step to working with Research and Innovation is to fill out a Project Request Form and share the details of your proposed research.