Top things to do after class in cottage country
July 15, 2022
College isn’t all about being in the classroom. Studying at the Muskoka Campus in Bracebridge? Looking for something fun to do this four-season playground?
- Go hiking at Huckleberry Rock Lookout Trail.
- Head down the road to the Muskoka Brewery and enjoy the outdoor patio or a fresh, tasty brew, or pop into Katalyst Brewery for a custom brew!
- Check out one of many beautiful waterfalls in the area, like Muskoka Falls and Wilson’s Falls.
- Visit Kirby’s Beach and grill some favourites on a barbecue.
- Feeling adventurous? Check out Muskoka Zip Lines and Aerial Park.
- Visit the Dorset Lookout Tower for the best view around.
- Get active in the Bracebridge Resource Management Centre with cross-country skiing in the winter, and hiking and mountain biking in the spring and fall.
- Love movies? Catch new flicks under the stars at the Muskoka Drive-in or enjoy a retro movie experience at the Norwood Theatre.
- Explore a one-of-a-kind museum or step aboard a Muskoka Steamship at the Muskoka Discovery Centre.
- Do a little star gazing at the Torrance Barrens Dark-Sky Preserve.
- Young at heart? Check out Santa’s Village.
- Visit the Screaming Heads outdoor art exhibit for something totally unique.
- Stop by The Griffin Gastropub for some live music.
- Book a campsite at Arrowhead Provincial Park and spend the weekend with the birds.
- Take a day trip to Gravenhurst for a tour of the Sawdust City Brewing Co. and a meal at the Black Sheep Muskoka Food Truck.
- Enjoy a truly traditional winter carnival at Fire and Ice Bracebridge.
Ask your Georgian College Students’ Association rep (room 128) or drop by the front desk to find out about other activities in the area. We’re happy to help you find your way around the community. You can also check out other neat things to do all year round at Discover Muskoka.
Photo courtesy of Muskoka Tourism.
This post was originally published June 2019 and updated July 2022 and April 2023.