Top things to do after class in Orillia
July 15, 2022
College isn’t all about being in the classroom. Studying at the Orillia Campus? Looking for something fun to do ?
- Spend some time at the Orillia waterfront – a stone’s throw from downtown. You can even visit French’s historic hot dog stand, which has been around since 1920!
- Practise your flips, grinds, ollies and nollies, or get crazy and attempt a Casper Slide at the outdoor Kiwanis Skateboard Park.
- Pop over to the Mariposa Market for a tasty treat or pick up some healthy, fresh food at the Farmers’ Market at the Orillia Fairgrounds.
- Grab your shoes and go for a hike in Scout Valley.
- You don’t have to be in Police Foundations to tour the OPP Museum.
- Try your luck in an escape room – we dare you!
- Walk one of the many trails in and around Orillia, like Tudhope Park, Couchiching Park or Bass Lake Provincial Park.
- Strap on some wheels and get your roll on at The Rollerskating Place.
- Hit the links at Hawkridge Golf and Country Club or Couchiching Golf and Country Club.
- Love live music? Check out the Orillia Opera House, the Mariposa Folk Festival or one of the many concerts at Casino Rama.
- If you’re a musician yourself, share your talent at the Brownstone Café on Tuesday nights starting at 8 p.m.
- If you’re into reptiles, you’ll love Scales Nature Park.
- Enjoy a yummy cup of Joe at Mark IV Brothers and some live music too!
- Visit the Orillia Museum of Art and History or the Stephen Leacock Museum.
- Pick up a few bargains at The Farmers’ Flea in ODAS Park or browse local shops like Closet Jems, Studio 11, Harold + Ferne: The Local Goods Co., and Manticore Books.
The Orillia Georgian College Students’ Association (GCSA) hosts many events throughout the year. You can view upcoming events on their Facebook page, or drop by the GCSA office in room A111. You can also check out other fun things to do at Bruce-Grey-Simcoe.
Photo courtesy of Ontario’s Lake Country
This post was originally published June 2019 and updated July 2022 and April 2023.