Top things to do after class around Orangeville
July 15, 2022
College isn’t all about being in the classroom.
Studying at the Orangeville Campus? Looking for something fun to do?
- Take a walk through the streets of Orangeville and check out over 50 carved tree sculptures!
- Hit the trails at the Island Lake Conservation Area or one of the other many trails in the area.
- Sit in the plush seats of the Orangeville Opera House and enjoy a little theatre.
- Enjoy a tasty treat from the Hockley General Store; they do a delicious breakfast as well!
- Learn all about glass art and take a class or workshop from Glasscraft.
- Head out to the Cataract Falls – one of the most impressive waterfalls of the Niagara Escarpment.
- You have to try Orangeville’s famous Philly Cheesesteak at the Philadelphia Kitchen. Yum!
- Free WiFi, tasty snacks and good coffee. The Mochaberry Coffee and Company is the perfect place to grab a hot coffee and lunch.
- The downtown Orangeville Farmers’ Market comes alive with fresh local food, music, free children’s activities and more every Saturday morning from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Check the calendar and see what’s happening at the Museum of Dufferin also known as the MoD.
Ask your student advisor, Georgian College Students’ Association (GCSA) representative or drop by the front desk to find out about other activities in the area. We’re happy to help you find your way around the community!
You can also check out other neat things to do all year round at Orangeville Tourism.
This post was originally published October 2019 and updated July 2022 and April 2023.