|Fall 2018||Owen Sound, Midland|
Students are provided with the theoretical and practical training to perform most basic welding techniques. At the completion of the program, students are eligible to test for welding tickets based on their level of expertise. It is expected that most of the graduates will be prepared to enter the workforce as a Welder following the successful completion of this program.
Students are exposed to topics including health and safety, blueprint reading and sketching, applied math, communication, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, introduction to computers, and all position pipe welding.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
You must meet ONE of the following requirements to be eligible for admission to these programs:
Secondary school applicants:
- OSS curriculum: OSSD or equivalent, with Grade 12 English (C) or (U) (ENG4C, ENG4U)
Non-Secondary school applicants (19 years or older):
- Any credit Communication course taken at Georgian College
- Most college preparatory programs including those taken at Georgian College: Technology Foundation, Technology Fundamentals and General Arts and Science*
- Equivalent courses in English taken through secondary school or Independent Learning Centres (at the general, advanced, college or university level)
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE) program with communications
- Mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through most testing services)*
- Ontario High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- English, Literature or Communication credit courses from accredited colleges/universities
Home school applicants:
- Applicants can write the mature student testing in English that meets the minimum standards for admission (available through testing services)*
* available from Georgian College. For a complete listing please contact the Office of the Registrar.
View the Welding Techniques articulations on the Credit Transfer Centre page.
- WETC1000 Manufacturing Trade Safety
- WETC1001 Blueprint Reading for the Trades
- WETC1002 Trade Calculations for Welders
- WETC1004 Shielded Metal Arc Welding 1
- WETC1005 Metallurgy for Welding
- WETC1006 Shielded Metal Arc Welding 2
- WETC1007 Gas Metal Arc Welding
- WETC1008 Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
- WETC1013 Welding and Cutting Processes
- WETC1014 Layout and Fabrication