Get your certificate or apprenticeship in Midland
At Georgian, you’ll have a transformative experience, one that connects you to the skills you need, the people who inspire you, the mindset to succeed, and the confidence to thrive. Browse our academic areas below or take the Career Match quiz to find the path that’s best for you.
Skilled trades in Midland
Apprenticeship training in Midland
- Electrician – Construction and Maintenance Apprenticeship (309A)
- Electrician – Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship (442A)
- Plumber Apprenticeship (306A)
- Small Engine Technician Apprenticeship (435A)
- Marine Engine Technician Apprenticeship (435B)
Not sure what career is right for you?
Use our career assessment tool to help you find the best program for your personality type.
Continuing education and training in Midland
Take a single course, or work towards a diploma, certificate or degree – all at a pace that’s right for you. Part-time courses are offered at night or on weekends, or you can opt for online learning.
Multi-trade pre-apprenticeship program
Interested in skilled trades? Don’t know where to start? This FREE 27-week pre-apprenticeship program includes plenty of hands-on learning in the carpentry, plumbing and electrical trades. Includes a paid 12-week work placement with local employers. Program starts May 23.
Learn more and register:
Request more information:
Go back to school or improve your skills with continuing education options. Take courses and programs on your own time with online, evening and weekend offerings that are tailored to help you land your dream job.
Campus features and video tour
Georgian’s Midland Campus has many features and services to enhance your college experience.
Watch our campus tour video to get a glimpse of what life at the Midland Campus is like and learn more about campus features.
Services and supports
- Georgian College Business and Career Services
- Wiidookdaading Indigenous Resource Centre
- Library and Academic Success
- Recreational Boating Centre of Excellence
- Skilled Trades Centre
- Transit options
Labs and learning spaces
- 67,000 square feet of learning space
- 39,000 square feet of dedicated shop space
- Videoconferencing classroom
Connect with us
There’s lots to do in Midland year-round. Located on the southern shores of Georgian Bay, the town is known as much for its outdoor activities as for its quaint downtown and rich history. It’s also a popular spot for boating in the summer and snowmobiling in the winter.
Noteworthy annual events
- Winterama and WinterFest (February)
- Sweetwater Harvest (late March)
- Festival du Loup (July)
- First Light (December)
- Hospital: Georgian Bay General
- Groceries: Five large grocery stores and several small businesses
- Shopping: Mall, shopping plaza, vibrant downtown shopping area
- Harbour, parks, trails, nearby beaches and provincial parks
- Arenas, sports field, golf course, fitness centres, movie theatre
- Cultural centre, historic sites, farmers’ market
Developing a partnership with Georgian College will benefit you, your employees and organization, while making a difference in the lives of students.
- Build your workforce with students or graduates
- Strengthen the skills of future employees
- Connect with university and college-level educated students
Build and grow your business
- Pursue innovation opportunities
- Increase the skills of your workforce
- Stay up-to-date on advancements in the field
Invest in innovation
- Tailored partnerships
- Strategic philanthropy
- Exclusive sponsorships
Use Georgian services
- Host a conference or event
- Access our affordable Health and Wellness Clinics
- Use our fitness centres
Room bookings in Midland
Georgian Midland offers a variety of meeting spaces, videoconferencing and multimedia classrooms, computer labs and learning spaces for rental at reasonable rates.
Classrooms and labs include a presenter podium computer, projector, screen, VCR/DVD and external laptop cable. All room rentals require proof of public liability and property damage insurance prior to the event.
Call 705.526.3666 for rates and booking information.
Get in touch with the Midland Campus
649 Prospect Blvd.