This program is designed to prepare students for a career in mobile application development either as part of a team or an independent entrepreneur. By leveraging the prior software development experience of students, the program is able to focus on the core techniques, concepts, and architectures of mobile applications.
Using an applied project methodology, students will learn how to resolve common mobile programming challenges, while gaining tangible experience in developing mobile applications. Students will also develop effective technical communication skills, as well as gain exposure to vendor standards, guidelines, and best practices.
Graduates of the Mobile Application Development program will be prepared to work independently, or as a member of a team creating, designing, and coding mobile applications using a multitude of programming languages on a variety of mobile platforms.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree with a focus in computer studies, or equivalent work experience in software development.
Applicants may be asked to submit a current resume and a letter of interest to the Program Coordinator in order to assess their prior academic and experiential learning.
To be successful in this program you are required to provide your own Apple Mac notebook computer prior to the start of the program. Your computer should have at least 8GB of memory, 256GB of disk space, and capable of running OSX version 10.13 (High Sierra) or better.
- MDEV 1000 - Application Design and Interfaces (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1001 - Mobile Data Management (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1002 - Entrepreneurship for Mobile Development (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1012 - Mobile App Portfolio 1 (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- Program Option Courses (Semester 1 / hours)
- Select 3 ~ 42 hour courses from the available list during registration (Semester 1 / 126 hours)
- MDEV 1003 - Mobile Game Design (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1004 - Mobile APIs and Frameworks (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1005 - Mobile Web Applications (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1013 - Mobile App Portfolio 2 (Semester 2 / 84 hours)
- Program Option Courses (Semester 2 / hours)
- Select 3 ~ 42 hour courses from the available list during registration (Semester 2 / 126 hours)