Students prepare for a career in mobile application development either as part of a team or an independent entrepreneur. By leveraging their prior software development experience, students are able to focus on the core techniques, concepts, and architectures of mobile applications. Using an applied project methodology, students learn how to resolve common mobile programming challenges while gaining tangible experience in developing mobile applications. Students also develop effective technical communication skills, as well as gain exposure to vendor standards, guidelines, and best practices.
Part-time delivery option
We also offer a part-time delivery format for this program:
- complete the program part-time in two or three years by taking two or three courses every semester – you choose
- register on a course-by-course basis, paying as you go
Visit our Mobile Application Development part-time program page for details and contact information.
NOTE: Use the major MEDX when applying to the part-time program through ontariocolleges.ca.
Graduates of the Mobile Application Development program will be prepared to work independently, or as a member of a team creating, designing, and coding mobile applications using a multitude of programming languages on a variety of mobile platforms.
Post-secondary diploma or degree with a focus in computer studies, or equivalent work experience in software development.
Applicants may be asked to submit a current resume and a letter of interest to the Program Coordinator in order to assess their prior academic and experiential learning.
To be successful in this program you are required to provide your own Apple Mac notebook computer prior to the start of the program. Your computer should have at least 8GB of memory, 256GB of disk space, and capable of running OSX version 10.13 (High Sierra) or better.
- MDEV 1000 - Application Design and Interfaces (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1001 - Mobile Data Management (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1002 - Entrepreneurship for Mobile Development (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1006 - Introduction to iOS Development (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1008 - Introduction to Android Development (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1012 - Mobile App Portfolio 1 (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1014 - Cross-platform Development 1 (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1003 - Mobile Game Design (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1004 - Mobile APIs and Frameworks (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1005 - Mobile Web Applications (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1007 - Advanced iOS Development (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1009 - Advanced Android Development (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1013 - Mobile App Portfolio 2 (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDEV 1015 - Cross-platform Development 2 (Semester 2 / 42 hours)