This program is designed to provide students with essential and advanced theory and practice related to the field of medical esthetics. Emphasis will be placed on developing the knowledge, skills and judgment necessary to provide a treatment plan and make professional referrals when appropriate. Students will be educated to work with related medical professionals in a safe and competent manner. The practice component of this program will be conducted in a lab/clinic environment where best practice, current regulations and protocols will be enforced.
Successful graduates may be employed in dermatology clinics, medical spas, laser care facilities, wellness centres, plastic surgeons offices, dental spas, destination and resort spas, day spas, as well as physicians' offices which incorporate cosmetic practices.
- Postsecondary public college diploma in an esthetician program
Applicants that hold a CIDESCO or esthetics diploma from a private college may also be considered. Selection will be based on a competency test.
It is required that students have Level HCP CPR and Standard First Aid upon registration to the program (On-line courses are not acceptable). It is the student''s responsibility to renew their Level HCP CPR certification annually while in the Program. Students are asked to submit a copy of their current Level HCP CPR and Standard First Aid certificate before classes begin. Applicants must have an up-to-date immunization record in compliance with the Public Hospitals Act. Completion and submission of this record is required during registration in order to ensure your placement in clinical and field placement facilities.
A Hepatitis B vaccination is required for your own safety. It may be obtained at a reduced cost through the student insurance plan.
- MDSC 1000 - Medical Skin Care Science (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDSC 1001 - Medical Skin Care Techniques (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDSC 1002 - Medical Skin Care Applications (Semester 1 / 84 hours)
- MDSC 1003 - Oncology Esthetics (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MDSC 1005 - Medical Intervention and Plastic Surgery Procedures (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDSC 1006 - Advanced Medical Skin Care Techniques (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- MDSC 1007 - Advanced Medical Skin Care Applications (Semester 2 / 70 hours)
- MDSC 1008 - The Medical Esthetic Practice and the Cosmetic Patient (Semester 2 / 28 hours)
- MDSC 1004 - Medical Skin Care Clinic (Semester 1)
- MDSC 1009 - Advanced Medical Esthetics Clinic (Semester 2)