|Fall 2020||South Georgian Bay|
Students are provided with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform effectively in entry-level bookkeeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll positions in business and industry. Students learn day-to-day operational bookkeeping and managerial accounting in a computerized business environment.
Part-time delivery option
We also offer a part-time delivery format for this program:
- study online, onsite or a combination of online and onsite delivery — you choose
- complete the program in two years or fast track to finish in four semesters
- register on a course-by-course basis, paying as you go
Visit the Bookkeeping part-time program page for details and contact information.
NOTE: Use the major BOKO when applying for the part-time, online option through ontariocolleges.ca.
Bookkeeping lends itself well to career advancement into various Accounting roles in business and industry, both in profit and non-profit organizations. Furthermore, Bookkeeping skills enhance the small business and self-employment opportunities.
OSSD or equivalent with
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
Mature students, non-secondary school applicants (19 years or older), and home school applicants may also be considered for admission. Eligibility may be met by applicants who have taken equivalent courses, upgrading, completed their GED, and equivalency testing. For complete details refer to: www.georgiancollege.ca/admissions/policies-procedures/
Applicants who have taken courses from a recognized and accredited post-secondary institution and/or have relevant life/learning experience may also be considered for admission; refer to the Credit Transfer Centre website for details:
- ACCT 1000 - Financial Accounting Principles 1 (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- BUSI 1019 - Payroll Administration (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- COMP 1003 - Microcomputer Applications (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- ENTR 1002 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- MATH 1002 - Mathematics of Finance (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- ACCT 1001 - Financial Accounting Principles 2 (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- ACCT 2003 - Cost Accounting 1 (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- FNCE 2002 - Taxation (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- OFAD 2021 - Financial Management for the Executive Assistant (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 1)
- Select 1 course from the communications list during registration. (Semester 2)
General education courses
- Select 1 course from the general education list during registration. (Semester 2)