Join the Alumni Association Executive Council
The Georgian College Alumni Association Executive Council (AAEC) is led by a dedicated group of volunteers who help fulfil the Alumni Association’s vision.
We’re currently seeking graduates with a passion for their alma mater who:
- have proven leadership skills
- are comfortable with public speaking
- are inspired to mentor others
- wish to expand their professional network
- have previous board experience (an asset, but not required)
- are passionate about helping students and alumni achieve their goals
- have experienced success due, in part, to their Georgian College postsecondary education
- are interested in supporting the growth and evolution of Georgian College
- like to meet new people from all walks of life who share the common thread of being educated at Georgian College
Want to be part of our dynamic group?
Please complete the Georgian College Alumni Association Executive Council application form and submit this, along with your cover letter and resumé, to [email protected].
Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative from Georgian.
Program Advisory Committees
Program advisory committee (PAC) members help guide our curriculum development and influence the work-integrated and experiential learning opportunities we offer our students.
These committees help to ensure our course content is relevant and responsive to the evolving needs of employers and our seven campus communities.
Alumni guest speaker program
Georgian invites graduates back to meet and speak to current students in our 130+ academic programs across our seven campus communities.
Share your industry knowledge and experiences. Engage in insightful, productive and relevant discussions and answer questions regarding a topic or industry.
Donate to make a difference
Grizzlies Give Back
Your donation to the Grizzlies Give Back program will help to support student scholarships, emergency bursaries and our on-campus food bank, Georgian FoodLocker.
New partnership – Grizzlies Give Back: Alumni Networking
Our Alumni Relations office has partnered with Georgian’s Co-op and Career Success team to help our students get the learning experiences they need to graduate.
Delivered under our successful Grizzlies Give Back alumni engagement program, we are working hard to implement a program that will provide opportunities for students to interview a Georgian alum who is now working in their field of study. This interview will provide them with valuable career and industry insights.
Georgian alumni can register to help a student through this program in the Georgian Alumni Network.
Become a mentor
Grizzlies helping Grizzlies: Georgian Alumni Mentor Program
Our community of 90,000+ alumni is the perfect space to access industry leaders, entrepreneurs and professionals who are ready to share their expertise and personal experiences with Georgian students and their fellow alumni.
The Georgian Alumni Network is a space where alumni and students can come together, building their professional networks and accessing valuable mentor support, while providing industry leaders and professionals a chance to share what they’ve learned.
More information is available in our mentor FAQs. Read below or download a PDF.
How do I participate as a mentor?
- Register and log in to the Georgian Alumni Network.
- Complete or update your profile. Include professional, academic and volunteer experience. If you have a LinkedIn profile, your information can be imported by registering with this profile.
On your profile under Offer Mentoring, choose the ways that you are able to help at this time. Options include:
- mentor a student
- mentor a new alum
- career advice
- resumé review
- support student co-op learning outcomes
How will a match be made?
- Ensure you have selected the Support student co-op learning outcomes option listed above.
- Students are able to review alumni mentor profiles to find a mentor who fits their interests and career goals.
- Once found, they will click on the profile and send a message to request mentorship.
- You will receive an email from the Georgian Alumni Network indicating that you have received a request.
- The message from the potential mentee will be included in the email. You can accept/decline directly in the email (it will take you to the Georgian Alumni Network), or you can sign in to the Georgian Alumni Network and review the mentee in further detail by clicking on their profile.
- You can accept or decline the mentorship request.
- Once you have confirmed a mentee(s), update your profile by unchecking all the boxes under Offer Mentoring to turn off your availability.
- You can turn this back on if you would like more than one mentee, or when your relationship with your current mentee has ended.
Why should I participate?
Due to COVID-19, some students currently in co-op programs are not able to complete co-ops at this time. Students need your help and industry experience to gain valuable information that will help them meet the requirements of their co-op term. Students will use the insight they gain from you to complete a final report which will be submitted as part of a final project.
What is expected of me?
By agreeing to help with this endeavor, you are expected to connect with your accepted mentee(s) in a timely manner and provide them with information on the industry associated with their program.
Please review any mentorship requests within 48 hours of receiving them. If you choose not to accept a mentee for mentorship, please decline, so that they can approach another mentor. Students can only submit one request at a time.
What if I receive more than one request?
If you receive multiple requests, you will be able to review each profile before confirming a request. To ensure those receiving mentorship from alumni are able to access the very best learning outcomes, and that our alumni are not over-committed, we ask that alumni not participate in more than two mentor-mentee relationships at a time.
Once you have approved your mentee(s) request for mentorship, you will want to remove the offer to mentor in your profile. You can do so by clicking on Edit my profile, and uncheck all the boxes you checked under Offer Mentoring. This will signal that you are no longer available for mentorship and no longer accepting requests. You can also do this under Mentoring – Settings in the left-hand column.
What if I don’t receive any requests?
We encourage you to complete your Georgian Alumni Network profile by including all relevant professional, academic, and volunteer experience. In addition, add any other information you think may be relevant, e.g. your interests/hobbies (professional or non-professional). New students/young alumni are joining the Georgian Alumni Network all the time, so there will always be new people to review your profile. Anyone looking for a mentor can view your willing to help status at any time, so even if you do not receive a request from a co-op student, others may be interested in a mentor/mentee relationship.
Hire a student or post a job opportunity
Connect students and graduates to employment opportunities
As Georgian alumni, you have a wonderful opportunity to support current students and graduates by hosting co-op students in your workplace, or sharing employment opportunities at your organization.
Our Co-operative Education and Career Success Team works to match employers with students and graduates. Our free, one-stop, year-round job posting service promotes your organization to students and graduates seeking co-op, internship, full-time, casual, part-time and summer positions.
Sponsor an event
When you support one of our events, you have the unique opportunity to reach our Georgian audience.
Event sponsorship is a great opportunity to get your brand in front of Georgian students, alumni and the greater community, including onsite signage, email campaigns, webpages, social media and more.
Above all else, proceeds go to support critical funds for student financial assistance through awards and scholarships. Your support will build futures and open new doors for deserving Georgian students.
The Alumni Association is a proud sponsor of both internal and external alumni and student events.
Complete the alumni sponsorship application form to request funding. Applications may be submitted at any time.