Students acquire a comprehensive foundation in museum and gallery work. They develop capabilities in the main technical areas common to all museums and galleries: conservation and collections management, exhibition design, public programming, and administration. Students advance their existing knowledge through a blend of engaging academic instruction and experiential learning opportunities such as technical practice and an internship.
Tuition and fees
- Visit our tuition and fees page for detailed information on the cost to attend Georgian.
- You can afford this! Explore OSAP as well as awards, scholarships and bursaries to help you pay your way to graduation.
Work integrated learning
This program includes an internship component. During your final semester, you will take part in a supervised, structured work opportunity and apply your academic knowledge in a setting directly related to your program.
What are the admission requirements for the Museum and Gallery Studies program?
Museum and Gallery Studies admission requirements
- Post-secondary diploma or degree, or equivalent work experience
What career paths can I take in the museum and gallery industry?
Your Museum and Gallery Studies graduate certificate gives you many career opportunities
Graduates of this program will be prepared to work in a variety of positions within the museum and gallery industry, including:
- museum/gallery conservator assistant,
- museum registrar,
- collection technician,
- curatorial assistant,
- museum extension officer,
- exhibition technician
Graduates may also find employment in museums and galleries in areas related to visitor services, marketing and publishing.
What courses are included in the Museum and Gallery Studies graduate certificate program?
13 Program Courses
Semester 1 courses are listed below. For a full list of courses in the program including course descriptions, view the Museum and Gallery Studies program outline.
- MUSM 1000 – Understanding Museums and Galleries
- MUSM 1001 – Curatorial Practices
- MUSM 1002 – Collection Management
- MUSM 1003 – Exhibition Design
- MUSM 1004 – Museum and Gallery Management
- MUSM 1006 – Preventative Conservation Techniques
Do you have questions about Museum and Gallery Studies? Contact us!
Thinking about applying to Georgian?
Contact our student recruitment team to explore your study options.
Already applied to Georgian?
Connect with the Office of the Registrar for admissions-related questions.
Are you an international student?
Contact our international recruitment team to learn more about studying at Georgian.
- 705.728.1968, ext. 1218