Events can be used to stimulate economies, develop community awareness, increase public involvement, improve quality of life, raise funds and market products. Managing a successful event of any size requires extensive know-how and planning. In Georgian’s Event Management program, you gain the skills and experience to prepare for an exciting career in a fast-paced industry that relies on client satisfaction. The curriculum, designed by industry professionals, enables you to explore current trends and technologies that drive the industry. You have opportunities to gain hands-on experience in planning, marketing, executing and evaluating events. By the end of the program, you are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and practical experience to find employment in the event industry.
Tuition and fees
- Visit our tuition and fees page for detailed information on the cost to attend Georgian.
- You can afford this! Explore OSAP as well as awards, scholarships and bursaries to help you pay your way to graduation.
- This program includes a field placement component where you’ll gain hands-on experience in a setting relevant to your program.
- Learn about types of work-integrated learning at Georgian.
What are the admission requirements for the Event Management program?
Event Management admission requirements
- Ontario College Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent
Applicants who are lacking the above requirements may be considered upon submission of a resume, letter of intent and portfolio showing evidence of experience in a related field with a minimum of three years event management experience.
What career paths can I take as an event planner?
Your Event Management graduate certificate gives you many career opportunities
Special events happen in virtually all industries, geographical areas, and climates. Communities hold festivals and public events, conferences and live events. There is also a demand for qualified professional planners in event planning in the not-for-profit sector. Graduates may find employment with charitable organizations/not for profits, community and sports associations, meeting and convention planning, hotels and resorts, convention centres, destination management and marketing and PR firms.
Flex MORE. Study Event Management part-time
What courses are included in the Event Management graduate certificate program?
12 Program Courses
1 Field Placement
Semester 1 courses are listed below. For a full list of courses in the program including course descriptions, view the Event Management program outline.
- EVNT 1002 – Event Finance and Management
- EVNT 1008 – Event Marketing
- EVNT 1010 – Project Management
- EVNT 1012 – Sales, Sponsorship and Fundraising
- EVNT 1019 – Career Management for Event Managers
- EVNT 1020 – Event Planning and Programming
Your course delivery method(s)
This program is delivered fully in person and requires you to attend campus.
Please note, delivery methods are based on planning for the upcoming semester and are subject to change.
Check out our other related programs
Do you have questions about Event Management? Contact us!
Thinking about applying to Georgian?
Contact our student recruitment team to explore your study options.
Already applied to Georgian?
Connect with the Office of the Registrar for admissions-related questions.
Are you an international student?
Contact our international recruitment team to learn more about studying at Georgian.