Today's human resource professionals are leaders and managers of change. They respond to the challenges triggered by new trends in technology, increasing government involvement in the employer-employee relationship, workplace diversity and globalization. The future belongs to organizations with the human resource expertise that can lower labour costs, improve productivity, increase responsiveness to customers’ needs, and build employee commitment.
Graduates from the program will be ready to perform all human resources functions within the business environment. Demonstrating the skills and competencies such as the ability to communicate effectively collaborate with others and displaying initiative and perseverance, graduates will possess the required knowledge, skills and abilities to be a key person within the organization.
Part-time delivery option
We also offer a part-time delivery format for this program:
- complete the program in two-and-a-half years, including one field placement
- schedule includes two courses per semester, available during the day and evening
- student registration on a course-by-course basis
- apply if you have previous postsecondary education - such as a degree or diploma - from an accredited university or college
Visit the Human Resources Management part-time program page for details and contact information.
NOTE: Use the major HRMX when applying to the part-time program through OCAS.
Career opportunities are available in all sectors of the economy because every organization, whether private or not-for-profit, has a human resources function. Graduates from this program are equipped to administer human resource functions within various Canadian and international business and public sector environments. Graduates will be prepared to work within manufacturing, retail, banking and other financial institutions, medical facilities, government offices, human resource consulting firms, education and small business.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree; three years of post-secondary education is recommended. Completion of 3 years of a 4-year degree will also be considered.
- HRMN 1007 - Human Resources Management (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1009 - Labour Economics (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1010 - Employment Law (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1011 - Compensation (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1013 - Organizational Behaviour (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1017 - Recruitment and Selection (Semester 1 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1006 - Occupational Health and Safety (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1008 - Training and Development (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1014 - Finance and Accounting (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1016 - Human Resources Planning (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1022 - Employee and Labour Relations (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- HRMN 1023 - Human Resources Analytics (Semester 2 / 42 hours)
- COOP 1054 - Human Resources Management Work Term (490 hours)